1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Audio: The Film Don't Lie on GAC today - Broaddus

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Sep 21, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Broaddus: The Film Don't Lie on GAC today

Great stuff from Bryan Broaddus on Galloway and Company today. You are going to hear some things about Dez in here that are not all that flattering, but let's remember that he's a rookie still and in time he's going to need to learn how to be a professional...

Broaddus on GAC - Sep 21st

It's something we all know already. This team is just so undisciplined and when they do win games they are doing so because they were able to overcome their mistakes.

And I am not saying they should be perfect. But on both sides of the ball most of these guys have been in these systems for a few years now. Both Garrett and Wade have been in place since 2007 so there is no excuses about guys learning new systems and guys having to adjust.

This secondary was doing the same nonsense at times over the last three seasons. Some guys don't know the coverage presnap or they don't get the check into another coverage. Then Brooking and Bradie aren't in tune on the Olsen TD. Sensabaugh screws up on the long pass to Knox.

All of this stuff just screams one word - SLOPPY.

You need to do the little things in these games to win. And if you don't then you find yourself losing by seven at home to a team who isn't as talented on paper.

On Dez. Don't be fooled into the talk from Ray Sherman that Dez was all in the playbook while he was rehabbing. I was hearing things about him not being all that attentive in the meetings while in camp.

But like I said earlier he's a rookie. No one comes into this league and is right away doing things like a 10 year veteran. As long as he has people around him making sure he's accountable when he screws up I think he's going to be fine.

On the other hand if the coaches just give him a pass because he's the first round draft pick then in time you are going to see him on the field continuing to look a little lost a times.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,173 Messages
    1,299 Likes Received
    How many people said that Hamlins role as QB of the secondary was not important?
  3. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,009 Messages
    1,586 Likes Received
    This is just the before the interception on the throw to Witten that Broaddus described as being "totally early, way early."

[IMG]
  4. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,712 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    How many people were glad to see Hamlin leave? Careful what you wish for, I guess. Tight ends running wide open for long touchdowns must end. Too many easy scores for Chicago. And I don't think they're that talented.
  5. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received

That's a pretty good point.
  6. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The same problems were there when he was playing FS.

I have to think it's a combo. The players and coaches get frazzled during games. And they can't think on their feet when the pressure comes.

This problem has been around since Wade arrived. I thought maybe it was on Brian Stewart, but it's still around now.
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,708 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Another image.

Obviously a terrible throw and entirely too early. LOL.

[IMG]
  8. theogt

43,708 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Wait........what?

It's like those people that wanted to replace Kosier for years. Then every time he's out, people are scrambling to get him back in.
  9. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [youtube]ylfXfdeGmTI[/youtube]

Aikman even calls it. Throws it with 'great anticipation' - meaning he throws it before Witten even gets his head around giving him no time to adjust.

I love how Theo jumps in here now to try and take a shot at Broaddus.

:laugh1:

Why even come in here if you have an agenda now Theo?

:laugh1:
  10. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, now watch the video. Ball is on him as soon as he turns around and it hits him in the shoulder.

:laugh2:

And please tell us the secondary was never confused with Hamlin back there.

11. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,083 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    I think Dez is ahead of where he should be. I dont care who you are, i dont care your talent, i dont even care your draft position, you cannot describe the speed of the game to the rookies. It cant be done. You have to be on the field to realize it and he even said he needed that first game to get the jitters out and get a feel for the game.

If our coaches or Tony trust him to be on the field, we're both desperate (and until Roy was playing better people thought we were) or hes that good and no one wants to hold him back for no reason.

I will take Rays handling of the WR"s any day of the week over the medias thoughts or film. He did great work with Miles and even from MU I didnt think Miles was going to be Miles. And Ray believed in him and now a UDFA rookie is doing good things in the NFL. Our offensive coordinator is holdiing him back, but Miles could be putting up a heck of a year right now if someone unleashed our QB.
  12. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,083 Messages
    492 Likes Received

I dont think theos wrong on this point. you are doing your thing of making yourself look bad, but Theo is right on this point. There were lots of peopel who wanted Kosier and Hamlin gone from the get go. Even now our defense would be better off with Hamlin and if he got other players directed maybe a couple plays wouldnt have gone off as they did.

Hindsight is 20/20 and you are playing the card like film backs you up, but the film doesnt tell the whole story all the time.
  13. theogt

43,708 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Here's a little FYI for you. I'm going to teach you a little bit about football.

These routes are based on timing. When he actually begins to throw, the receiver isn't necessarily facing him. But because of the timing, the receiver must expect it when he turns to look for the ball. On these little 10 yard routes, if Romo waits to throw the ball until after the route has been run, it will be intercepted because the defender can anticipate and adjust.

Now you know about timing routes. I hope this helps you.
  14. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Miles has like 342 catches already this season.

15. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received

They were a lot less confused I will argue that all day. Hamlin was a calm vet
    back there.

Aikman played in a timing based offense, he thought that ball was early?
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,160 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Who is a better talent... Dez Bryant or Michael Crabtree?
  17. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You aren't teaching anyone anything.

Just like you taught us last week that Miles was running a 'Deep Post' until I showed you the sideline footage.

Please stop. Video shows the poor throw. You just didn't know the video was already chopped and ready to go, lol.

Teaching us, lol.

You taught us all about your football knowledge when you cried for weeks that Hamlin was a good player. LMAO.
  18. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,575 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that Witten can see the ball at this point in time. I think the ball is above Witten's line of sight. If he didn't have his helmet on he may be able to see the ball. With his helmet on I'm not so sure.
    Just a thought.

Craig
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,941 Messages
    1,696 Likes Received
    Sucks that the OL has players who aren't living up to expectations.
  20. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,417 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    Well, no wonder we lost. Ball is guarding our WRs?

;)