1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Audio: Why did Garrett avoid the Wade question?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Sep 15, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So I am listening to GAC and TMac comes on and points out how Garrett completely avoids a question on his relationship with Wade by Clarence Hill from the Star Telegram.

Why not just answer the question and tell us all is well between the two...

Garrett avoids quetion on relationship with Wade

Is it Sunday yet? This offense had better find some rhythm in a hurry.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    I wouldn't have answered that either.
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    My guess would be cause the media is trying their hardest to stir some crap up.

They smell blood.

And Wade and Garrett are smart enough to not give them anything.
  4. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,574 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    my guess is because he is a football coach and doesnt see the need to act like he is on The View just so the mediots will have something to write about.

good grief, have we as football fans sunk so low as to actually need to hear what kind of " relationship" two coaches have ?
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I agree whatever is said can and will be used against you in the Dallas Media. Garrett should be able to talk about what is relative to the game not get involved with the media drama BS
  6. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Because enquiring minds what to know. :laugh2:
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,104 Messages
    1,343 Likes Received
    If they didn't want to give them anything, then he just says "Wade has the ability to call in and change a call. He didn't, so we ran the play I called." The way he looked all bristled and defensive and completely shut down the conversation only fuels the fire.

I mean, this isn't like something new to this coaching group or this team. Reporters have asked others about how the playcalling works. People just want to know how it's handled. When you clam up about it and look defensive, it makes people think something is up.
  8. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,017 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I've been as big a critic of Red and Wade as anyone the past couple days but they are smart for not being drawn into that soap opera. That's all the media is angling for and if we ever get that soap opera going we are in real trouble.

It's best to just avoid all those type questions.
  9. theogt

44,104 Messages
    1,343 Likes Received
    Do football fans want to know how the system works with how plays are called and how the head coach can intervene?

Uh....yeah.
  10. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    No matter what he says or does someone will say he should have said something different. He dealt with the play he is not going to play with the media. These coaches are not there for the approval of the media nor do they work for the media. They have a job to do if they win games the media will get off their case
  11. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    Right before he is asked the question he says he is not going to address that very much more. Then he clearly pays attention to a question about Barron instead of the one about his relationship with Wade.

I don't blame him.
  12. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I watched it and I disagree bro. I took from that the following, "I'm not going to get into the nature of my relationship either good or bad. If you want to talk football - great; if not I'm moving on".

I would have much rather the media ask Red, "why didn't you pound the running game", or "on the last play of the game, if you could do anything different, like change the blocking scheme, would you".

I care more about that, than his relationship with Wade. The media (in Dallas) could care less about X's and O's. They are looking for the next TO storyline.

Red and Wade at odds, news at 11... Red was smart.
  13. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Preach on Preacher. Can I get an Amen.............

Amen brother.
  14. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The sharks were out for a storyline. They could care less about football. I don't blame him one bit. As the Tuna would say, Red didn't fall for the Cheese. It was a trap. I'm glad he spotted that one.

Although, he didn't see it coming. 20 seconds after the game, while still seating, my buddy looks over at me and I go, yeah - I know...... The Dallas media is going to turn this into a circus. And they have. Chicago now a must win game. Its the 2nd game of the season, and one guy writes, "is this a must win".

I'm like really......
  15. theogt

44,104 Messages
    1,343 Likes Received
    If this were completely true, they should just prevent all media access. But they don't, because football is just entertainment.
  16. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    It's entertainment to us. To those guys it is a lot more.
  17. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Of course the media has access and if it is about the game most coaches will talk about it if it gets outside of the game into other matters coaches will not talk. Even BP would blow off the media on question he had no intention on talking about as do most coaches.
  18. theogt

44,104 Messages
    1,343 Likes Received
    The reporter's statement was:

How is that not a legitimate football question? The question about his "relationship" was not until after he shut it down.
  19. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Ok I will play .....

Garrett wants to be head coach and hates Wade .....

Thats what everyone wants to hear ...... correct?
  20. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,743 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    Agreed. That question was yellow and tabloid at best.