1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Austin to play this week, per Werder...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Nov 27, 2012.

1. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,140 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Would like to see him in the slot and Harris on the outside.
  2. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,012 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    I would easily trade Miles Austin for Randall Cobb. That kid is a future superstar.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,621 Messages
    3,347 Likes Received
    He may be heading in that direction. Right now I'd take any good WR with decent speed who can stay on the field.
  4. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Exactly. It's always something with this dude. Luckily Dez is starting to light it up.
  5. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

857 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    he'll be good for a catch, maybe two, before he leaves with another injury.
  6. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,530 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I love miles and think just injuries have slowed his career down. Last season that big game against frisco slowed him down for the year and this year has had some big games then some stinkers. Overall I'd keep miles if we restructured his contract.
  7. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

653 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    LMAO dude put "Eric Decker" in there.

Packers receivers' deserve an asterisk. They are system WR's. Mccarthy's system is able to get production from all his receivers. The Packers have been fine without their #1 receiver Greg Jennings for the majority of the season. They also lost Jordy Nelson for 2 games and were still fine. I find it hard to believe that Green Bay has 3 WR's that are #1 #2 and #3 respectively on their teams and have the ability to be #1's on other teams.
  8. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,357 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    Good for you. He's not better than Miles right now. Like the poster above me said, most of the GB receivers look good in that system.
  9. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,241 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I would rather develop Harris and Beasley at this point. Austin is what he is, our 3rd option. Besides it's only a matter of time before he pulls a hammy, groin or some other injury.
  10. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,012 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    When is the last time Miles took over a game? Last year against SF? To be a top WR to me, you have to show up more than once in 2 years.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,557 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    Getting Miles Austin back is not a good thing? Right. Nothing to see here. Glad he might be back. We need him.
  12. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    He's back so that's good, now add Harris, Beasley and Armstrong, I think we should get Hanna involved in passing game, he would be a nightmare match up for linebackers he's too fast.
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,358 Messages
    825 Likes Received
    He's on pace for 70 catches and 1000 yards. In a single year you get about 20 guys in the league who break the 1000 yard mark.

Guys like that don't grow on trees.
  14. garrett316

garrett316 Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Dominant wr in 2009, 1,000 yards receiving in 2010 with Kitna and Mcgee playing a total of 10 games, yes 2011 he was injured - but produced when he was in there. He's on pace for 1,000 again this year.

I dont understand the hate for this guy. I really dont.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    He is limited too much by his constant hamstring problems.

Yes he is on the field but often so limited that he is not worth much
  16. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,358 Messages
    825 Likes Received
    It really is simply a reflection of the lack of any form of perspective 99% of the posters on this board show.

A player is either the greatest or the worst. There is nothing in between.

Over the first three years of his deal, Austin has earned an average salary of about 6 mill a year. Does anyone understand just how good a deal we are getting here?
  17. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People think he is injury prone and goes MIA for 2 1/2 quarters of a football game

me personally, its meh....if he's there fine, if he's not oh well....
  18. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,357 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    When is the last time most receivers take over a game? Receivers most of the time don't take over a game by themselves. You are making Miles out to be this horrible receiver. i'm not saying he's top 10 or anything but he is better than some of those receivers on that list and that isn't debatable at this point.