1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Available tackles?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by tayloner182, Nov 18, 2012.

1. tayloner182

tayloner182 Member

232 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Looks like we're rolling with Free and Parnell for the foreseeable future with Tyron's high ankle sprain. But who is our backup third tackle? I think I remember something about Dockery being able to play tackle in a pinch, but I can't imagine they would rely on him completely without picking up another tackle. Anyone have an idea of free agent tackles that are out there right now?
  2. jobberone

jobberone Orangutan for hire; blues and southern rock Staff Member

33,408 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    Cook, if healthy, can play RT and move Free to LT (yeah). I'd think about signing Gurode. Not sure what kind of money he wants and what we can afford.
  3. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,048 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    I wonder what Flozell is up to these days?
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,458 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Flozell is an under appreciated Lineman here. He had a solid career here after Parcells got influence on him.
  5. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,828 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    i believe Phil Pozderac is still working out...............
  6. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

4,966 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    No one good is available. Some stopgaps might be still around. Even then, you are more likely to find someone not putrid at an interior position.

Gourade is in the putrid category, imo. The only thing going for him is that he knows the system. He's still the champ at 'Disastrous Snap Derby'!
  7. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,338 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    At this stage, there aren't any good options for a LT out there. Some present Cowboy OL will have to step up.

Perhaps, you could try to find some hidden gem or some barely serviceable player on some team's practice squad. Problem with that is that you have to keep the player on the team for a 3 week minimum. So, someone would have to get cut. Roster is already getting thin with all the injuries. WR Andre Holmes would probably be the candidate to get cut if they add an OL.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

8,398 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    Arkin and Leary both played LT in college.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Orangutan for hire; blues and southern rock Staff Member

33,408 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    I'm really trying to feel positive about that but I can't make it happen just yet. :)
  10. Gossamer

Gossamer Member

172 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With the number of penalties on this team, Phil would be 'just another guy'.

But I do love the reference though.....