1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: B Grade from Prisco..interesting blurb...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NumOneQB, Apr 26, 2004.

1. NumOneQB

NumOneQB Active Member

280 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys
    Best pick: Trading down and still getting Notre Dame running back Juluis Jones in the second round was a good move. Jones is a favorite here.

Questionable move: Passing on Virginia Tech runner Kevin Jones in the first round, since he was the guy they wanted. But when Buffalo offered a first-round pick next year to move, they had to make the deal.

Steal: Don't be shocked to see third-round pick Stephen Peterman on the field before second-round pick Jacob Rogers.

Overall grade: B. Getting a first-round pick in next year's draft was a big plus, but if Kevin Jones becomes a star, they might regret the move.

I wonder how true the KJ referance really is. Makes you wonder.
  2. RatisBeast

RatisBeast Chevy Guy

1,722 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I doubt prisco knows anything. It's his job to act like has knows more than the common person.
  3. NumOneQB

NumOneQB Active Member

280 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    read the thread above about the "620 trade points & KJ".
    Maybe Dallas wanted KJ after all?
  4. RatisBeast

RatisBeast Chevy Guy

1,722 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe so, but obviously bill wanted more picks in the end?
  5. jumanji

jumanji Member

678 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    that they did have KJ rated higher than Jackson and that they did try to trade back up to get him. detroit just had more to offer.

still...a nice gamble imo
  6. RatisBeast

RatisBeast Chevy Guy

1,722 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IT's nice right now, but it could be great or very good if JJ produces. I expect him to, he seems like a stud.
  7. Lord Sun

Lord Sun New Member

573 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seems like a reasonable grade, factoring in the extra picks we got. Stealing KJ after taking the Bills' 1st in 2005 would have made us an automatic A, I think, which is why I don't get that some ppl have given us a D.

Overall, a decent draft, good talent all told, just wish we'd have picked up a DL at some stage instead of stockpiling corners.