1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Baby Miraculously Survives Abortion, Expected to Live 'Normal' Life

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by zrinkill, Jun 5, 2008.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,645 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    A mother who decided to abort her son because he may have inherited a life-threatening kidney condition is overjoyed that he survived the procedure.

Jodie Percival of Nottinghamshire, England, said she and her fiancee made the decision to abort baby Finley when she was eight weeks pregnant.

Percival's first son Thane died of multicystic dysplastic kidneys — which causes cysts to grow on the kidneys of an unborn baby — and her second child Lewis was born with serious kidney damage and currently has just one kidney, the Daily Mail reported.

"I was on the (birth control pill) when I became pregnant," Percival, 25, said. "Deciding to terminate at eight weeks was just utterly horrible but I couldn't cope with the anguish of losing another baby."

A short time after the abortion, Percival felt a fluttering in her stomach. She went to the doctor for a scan and discovered she was 19 weeks pregnant.

"I couldn't believe it,' Percival said. "This was the baby I thought I'd terminated. At first I was angry that this was happening to us, that the procedure had failed. I wrote to the hospital, I couldn't believe that they had let me down like this.

"They wrote back and apologized and said it was very rare," she added.
    Another scan a week later confirmed the baby also had kidney problems, but doctors told the couple the baby was likely to survive, so they decided he deserved another chance at life.

In November, Finley was born three weeks premature. He had minor kidney damage but is expected to lead a normal life.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,363434,00.html
  2. zrinkill

32,645 Messages
    397 Likes Received
  3. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good thing the baby wasn't born in Illinois when Obama was a state senator there... he'd have been legally left to die in a dirty linen closet.
  4. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I still can't believe that killing a baby is accepted because it is a "choice" and it is "legal".

That is reason #1 I could never vote for a candidate Republican or Democrat who supports killing babies.
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ahhhh, look! She's holding a choice.

[IMG]

The nerve of people who would kill this baby. More proof that abortion is barbaric to babies and simply evil.
  6. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think I will bump this thread until one of the liberals in here try to advocate the killing of this baby.

Funny how none of them show up when a face is put to the crime.
  7. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    um cajun, you do realize the lady holding the baby tried to abort it for medical reasons, right?

how dare her? is that what you're saying?
  8. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pretty much, I think.

Basically, she was entirely within the law to abort the baby, and had she done so, the little guy would be dead now... so, what does that say about the law?
  9. zrinkill

32,645 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    The only thing that bothers me about that is that she decided to abort it because it could have medical problems ....

Turns out the baby will be fine ..... with only minor kidney damage.

But then again I am against abortions so I am admittedly biased.
  10. iceberg

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    nothing. individual examples like this won't change anyones mind that i know of.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Um, for possible medical reasons. And medical reason not related to herself but to the baby.

In other words, she would have preferred to kill the baby than to give it a chance for life, which as proven here, he has a great shot at now as you mentioned. EDIT: As Zrin said.

This is more proof that they are babies and not "choices". You can't hold a choice.
  12. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There are millions of examples every year that we'll never know about. :(
  13. iceberg

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    hey - i was born and raised roman catholic. i'm against it and would never go to it. but i dont think my own passion around the topic will ever change someone who's pro-choice's mind.
  14. zrinkill

32,645 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    My biggest problem with this is why did she not get her tubes tied ...... if she was really scared that any baby she might have would have medical problems .... why not completely fix the problem?
  15. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe you're right. But then again, it may make others think twice before making a decision they may regret the rest of their lives.

No one's attacking you, by the way. At least I'm not.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not interested much in changing the minds of those whose minds won't be changed. I more interested in making it illegal to kill the baby.
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not attacking you. Just making the point regarding the baby.
  18. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,853 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Not a liberal, but I am pro-choice.
  19. iceberg

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    heh, not taken as such, cc. i know how much passion you put behind what you believe in and i respect that, agree or not. : )
  20. iceberg

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    man - maybe i should coordinate an attack. : )

NO - YOU'RE WRONG MAN!!!!

we'll start there. : )