1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bale apologizes for 'Terminator' tantrum

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Heisenberg, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,973 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/06/bale.apology/index.html

Bale apologizes for 'Terminator' tantrum
    By Alan Duke
    CNN
    LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Christian Bale wants everyone to make fun of him for his profanity-filled tirade against a crew member on the set of "Terminator: Salvation."

"I deserve it completely," Bale told the hosts of a Los Angeles radio show Friday.

In a phone call to KROQ-FM's "Kevin and Bean" show, Bale apologized for the rant last July against Shane Hurlbut, the movie's director of photography, which was captured on a much-distributed audio recording.

"I was out of order beyond belief," Bale said. "I was way out of order. I acted like a punk. I regret that." Listen to the now-famous rant ยป

Bale said that although he has been able to laugh at the jokes, "it's been a miserable week for me."

"There is nobody that has heard that tape that is hit harder by it than me," he said. "I make no excuses for it. It is inexcusable."

Bale, who starred as Batman in last year's "The Dark Knight," takes on the role of John Connor in the upcoming "Terminator" sequel.

Bale's four-minute rant began when he saw Hurlbut checking a light on the set in a hangar at New Mexico's Kirtland Air Force Base.

"Do you understand my mind is not in the scene if you're doing that?" Bale is heard saying, in one of the few sentences on the tape not involving profanity.

Bale told Hurlbut they were "done professionally" and that Bale would not continue filming unless Hurlbut was fired.

With his apology, Bale offered "a little bit of context."

He said he "was trying to show a little of that 'in the blood' craziness" that put his character's mother, Sarah Connor, in an insane asylum.

"And you know what? It went very wrong," Bale said.

"I got annoyed and then what happened, I made it ugly and that was awful of me," he said. "I took it way too far and I completely mixed up fact and fiction. I'm half John Connor and half Christian there."

Bale said he and Hurlbut quickly put the incident behind them.

"I've not only talked with him, we have resolved this completely that very day," he said. "We kept working for a number of hours. Listen, when I'm saying I'm not coming back from that set if he's hired, you know what, it's hot air. I don't believe that. I have no intention of getting anybody fired."

Bale and Hurlbut worked together as recently as last month, he said.

"Everything is resolved between us," he said. "There is no problem whatsoever."

Bale said there was no physical violence against Hurlbut, especially considering he's "an ex-friggin'-football player."

The actor insisted he does not have an oversized ego.

"Please, if anybody ever sees that I really am thinking that I'm better than anybody else, stick a fork in my backside, turn me over, I will be done. That is not me."

He said he has not yet adjusted to "this notion of being a movie star."

"I'm an actor and I don't quite know how to handle this movie star thing," he said.

Bale said he called KROQ-FM's morning show because they made him laugh with their jokes about him.

"I also appreciate you making fun of it," he said. "I had it coming. Feel free to make fun of me at my expense. I deserve it completely."

The tape has become fodder for late night talk show hosts and morning DJs since it was put out on the Internet last month.
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    "I am half John Conner and half Christian there."

WHAT?

Why can't the guy say I was 100% USDA certified ******? That's what he was. :D
  3. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He'd be a good Terminator who's just designed to curse at people.
  4. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    He is a great actor, i (bleep) like him. Probably just the stress of the big movies hes doing and having to work with (bleep) idiots. I know the (bleep) feeling!
  5. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,606 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    that would be funny IMO.:laugh2:
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,525 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    Wus.

Kinski would never apologize.

You shouldn't either.
  7. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,596 Messages
    959 Likes Received

"I'm Batman"
  8. lane

lane The Chairman

10,858 Messages
    765 Likes Received
    what a moron..

i liked him in the prestige.

but he can go away now.
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,576 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    Freakin' hilarious (the rant, not the apology).
  10. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    The apology might have been worth something if he hadn't been arrested for assaulting his sister and mother a few months prior. The dude obviously has anger issues.

You make 20 million to fricken act?? Yet you have to berate a guy who works on the lights.

Scumbag.
  11. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love Christian Bale. Best young actor around (by some distance.)
  12. AbeBeta

25,525 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    Totally.

Empire of the son, American Psycho, the Machinist, the Prestige, Rescue Dawn, I'm Not There.

List just goes on and one. If academy awards were given for actual acting, he'd have won several.
  13. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey you left out Equilibrium his kind of chessey yet fun movie to watch
  14. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rescue Dawn was particularly brilliant.
  15. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,777 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    That was pretty similar to my boss' rants and raves. I have to listen to crap like that everyday from my boss who is a freakin' moron. My boss has enough money (mostly inherited) and enough time in to be able to retire anytime. But, he won't because he has nothing better to do(no wife, no kids, no girlfriend). So the idiot just comes to work to ridicule and badmouth people and act like a total jerk. Oh, and by the way, he does absolutely nothing but surf the internet all day.
  16. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Get yourself wired and get a lawyer. You'll have as much money as he does in no time.
  17. AbeBeta

25,525 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    did you see the documentary on which it was based? Bale really nails the character.
  18. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,576 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    If I'm not mistaken it turned out that "incident" was a lie. It never happened. From what I understand the mother and sister made it up or something.
  19. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,973 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    I believe it was something like that. I do know that the entire thing was dropped because there was no evidence that anything happened.
  20. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is this in reference to Christian Bale or Ninja's boss? Because if it's about Bale, then I don't understand (actually I don't really get it either way...)