1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Baltimore is looking to figure out a way to end its slow starts.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 10, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,059 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    Oct 10
    8:00
    AM ET
    By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

RAVENS: Baltimore is looking to figure out a way to end its slow starts. The Ravens have managed three first-quarter points over the past three games. That field goal came Sunday after the Chiefs fumbled at their own 42. According to The Baltimore Sun, over the last four games, the Ravens have totaled 168 yards on 43 plays, an average of 3.9 yards per play. "There are a lot of reasons. When you watch the tape, there are a lot of reasons," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "Getting first downs, that's the key."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/56415/wake-up-big-ben-about-to-eclipse-bradshaw
  2. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    After last Sunday, this could be a game in our favor. Talk about looking pitiful.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Give the ball to Rice.

I've watched a few of their games this year and they repeatedly just force Flacco to air it out.

I hope they do the same this week.
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll do it. Want to end slow starts?? Play the Cowboys!!!!
  5. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,517 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    This is a winnable game. TOs and penalties and dropped balls. I predict the offense will give the D some help this game. They need to be ready for war.
  6. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,268 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    Yes, its winnable--but, I am still not expecting a win.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have no idea what to expect to be honest. Anything can happen. With these guys you just have no idea how they're gonna perform.
  8. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    We always help teams, to start looking dangerous again.

Remember the Eagles last year? They sucked until they faced us...then it was SB for them once again.
  9. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Don't you mean the Giants? Also, it helped they got a lot of their injured players back.
  10. Frozen700

12,329 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    Nope Eagles....don't you remember? Rob talked all that crap...and they exploited our LB's?

They were doing bad before facing us. Bills were destroying vick. Then they faced us, killed us, and it was "Dream Team/SB" Talk for them once again
  11. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Yeah, I was confused. You didn't say "talk" in the op so I thought it was the Giants. And yes, I do remember, sadly.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude, Philly didn't even make the playoffs so obviously it wasn't SB for them again.
  13. Frozen700

12,329 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    Oh i see what you are saying. You are right. It's confusing, my bad
  14. Frozen700

12,329 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    Dude, they were pegged for the SB once the season started. Started off bad, everybody and their fan base wrote them off...they faced us, killed us, and it was SB talk for them all over again.
  15. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,361 Messages
    762 Likes Received

playing us may help...
  16. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,008 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    they won't have to worry about crowd noise this week, so we'll probably see a lot more no-huddle/hurry-up offense.
  17. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,157 Messages
    1,922 Likes Received
    I bet killing Romo on the first series is high on their list.
  18. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    And I'm sure they'll figure it out against us.
  19. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,180 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    No doubt, we make opposing teams and their fans' fantasies come true. I say that to my fellow Cowboy fans as well as my friends who root for other teams and hate the Cowboys. They say "I cannot believe player X is playing this way. He is playing out of his mind this game.". Answer=Cowboys.

Just when they expect a Cowboy strength to dominate their team's obvious weaknesses, we come out and do just the opposite. It's totally baffling to me. Who did Jerry piss off?
  20. DallasJ7

DallasJ7 Active Member

497 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    I really don't like the fact that Baltimore played so poorly against the Chiefs last week (and still won). It means that they're going to want to be more focused and efficient this week; they're going to be confident, and they're gonna take it out on us. On top of that, they're playing with their huge homefield advantage.

Cowboys win 34-10. :p: