1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Baltimore's Ozzie Newsome responded to report he fired Cameron

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by batman36, Jan 25, 2013.

1. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ...responded to a report that he fired former OC Cam Cameron. Newsome said it was HC John Harbaugh"s decision to make the call after the Ravens lost to Washington. Said Newsome, "if Steve Bischotti (owner) or myself were to make that call, coach Harbaugh loses the team." Well now...
  2. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    What's your point?
  3. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,048 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Our coach can't lose something he never had
  4. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Harbaugh is respected.
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Dallas is structured differently.
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,103 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    That may be the truth. Or it may not be. He's certainly not going to say he fired him over Harbaugh's objection the week before the Super Bowl. Changes are the truth is somewhere in between.
  7. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,044 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Is that the same Ozzie Newsome who offered Jason Garrett the Head Coaching job in Baltimore?

And yes, you are going to see pro forma responses to questions, given the Superbowl coming up....
  8. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    The football season needs to start. I'm starting to get depressed.
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Oh man...
  10. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    I think Garrett would have probably had quite a bit of success in Baltimore. That's just my opinion though.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Same Newsome and you know what? Garrett would have been much better off, IMO, had he taken the job in Baltimore. I am not one who believes that Garrett has zero skills. On the contrary in fact. I believe he is very intelligent but has not a lot of experience. Had he gone to Baltimore, I believe that Newsome and that entire franchise would have handled him better and the structure in place would have served to help develop him. In Dallas, just not enough of that in place and what we see is the result of that lack of experience in key spots withing the organization.

JMO of course.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,011 Messages
    7,758 Likes Received
    What team were you watching last season?

And, on top of the fact that Rob Ryan's dismissal was probably not one-sided at all--especially in light of the fact that his position coaches were almost to a man, retained--there's quite a bit of difference between a mid-season dismissal and an off season one.

What happened in BAL was far more dysfunctional than what happened in DAL. It only looks different because they also won some playoff games.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,760 Messages
    10,049 Likes Received
    GM envy.

It must be nice to have sanity at the top of your organization.
  14. Risen Star

22,760 Messages
    10,049 Likes Received
    I think he would have too. You can't look at what he does here and act like that's all he's capable of. This is the hardest place to win in the league for any head coach.
  15. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With a post count of almost 900, surely you can comprehend anothers' post.
  16. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes sir. I sure want to wrong about Jerry the GM. The owner, I like. But as I've posted numerous times before: I'll continue to watch. Then I shouldn't complain. Okay, my self-therapy session is now complete. On to the draft forum.
  17. Idgit

32,011 Messages
    7,758 Likes Received
    I agree with this. Or at least, it's among the hardest. I don't think winning with the owners they've got in, say AZ would be any cakewalk. But Dallas poses a unique set of problems--and they include the owner/GM.
  18. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Are we ruining Jason Garrett?
  19. Idgit

32,011 Messages
    7,758 Likes Received
    He's doing just fine. We just don't recognize it because our fans are largely impatient entitled ninnies.
  20. Risen Star

22,760 Messages
    10,049 Likes Received
    I'll watch and complain. The fact that I can't change it doesn't make it right. If we were saddled with a bad starting QB for years I wouldn't start pretending he can play if we refuse to get rid of him.

I hate him as a GM and an Owner. Because it's the Owner that causes the GM.