1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Barney Frank eviscerates town hall protester

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by TheRat, Aug 20, 2009.

1. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received

...Or Whackypedia...:D
  2. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,866 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Part 2

Because they are in August recess now, but I'm sure it will get passed sometime in September. Then the final bill will get passed sometime in October after the House and Senate have at in the joint conference committee.

Yes we would because there is a significant portion of the population who are really angry about it. And the angriest people are usually the loudest.
  3. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,866 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    As does Larry Craig.:D
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,190 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    You should have just posted a copy of Pravda. The poll probably would have been illustrated better at the very least.

OK, it's this simple. If the majority supported this plan, then the bill would have been passed. Obama told Congress he wanted it passed before the break. It's still not passed. You have the votes and yet, it's still not passed. Your own Democrat Sen. Conrad (ND) said this.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — A key Senate negotiator said Sunday that President Barack Obama should drop his push for a government-funded public health insurance option because the Senate will never pass it.

Democratic Sen. Kent Conrad of North Dakota said it was futile to continue to "chase that rabbit" due to the lack of 60 Senate votes needed to overcome a filibuster.

"The fact of the matter is there are not the votes in the United States Senate for a public option. There never have been,"

But yeah, you got the votes. Lets see how quickly you get it passed once Congress is back in session.
  5. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,866 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    It will pass within the month once Congress gets back in session.

And majority of the people support an integrated gay straight military, but DADT hasn't been overturned yet. There is a lot of politics and sausage making that goes into these things.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

33,190 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    I hope they do force it because if that happens, it will the Democratic Party who will be made into sausage.
  7. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,866 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    They won't have to.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

33,190 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    So we keep hearing. Still, the lingering question is, if everybody loves it and everybody wants it and all the Dems believe in it, why isn't it already passed?

Everybody knows the answer. Even you Rat.
  9. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,866 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Why hasn't DADT been overturned yet? Almost every poll out there shows support for it being overturned. I know this might surprise you but when legislation is produced in Congress there is this little thing called politics that gets involved and sometimes it takes a few moths to get things passed. Shocking I know.
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,586 Messages
    344 Likes Received
  11. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,948 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    It's what happens after I sit on him...Did I say sit ? I must have left out a letter :)
  12. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    That's a strange fetish you have there