1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Barrett Jones: Alabama

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by This is Our Year, Dec 1, 2012.

1. This is Our Year

This is Our Year Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike

1,396 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    WoW, is this guy a stud or what?... Heck, the season isn't even over yet, but if we can draft this guy things will be looking up for the offensive line.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,608 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    yep he is a stud, can play any position. I would take him in the 1st and put him at Center.
    You get him in a trade back and add a 2nd, then get a top OG.
  3. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Absolutely agree. Must trade back and get that extra pick. If pick is low enough, 9-13, we could trade back twice and get a 2 & 3 round pick. Would those extra picks help fill our many needs.
  4. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I love Barrett Jones. For whatever reason he is being painted as a jack of all trades master of none. The reality is he is dominant everywhere you put him. I would love to have him as our starting center.

Here a little of his resume. Started 26 games a guard. Moved to LT as a junior, and won the Outland Trophy. Moved to center in his senior year , and will win the award for the best center and maybe the outland gain. graduated with 4.0 in accounting after his junior year and getting his masters this year. The kid even went on two mission trips to help children in africa or brazil for petesake.

Most mocks have him going end of the first to our 2nd pick. he is the type of player that is worth moving up to get.even if you have to jump back into the first to get him.
  5. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He was getting pushed back into the pocket by Jenkins. There is now a professor who worked for Alabama at the university that I work at and he said he is terribly overrated.

I still like him though, seems like a Garrett kinda guy.
  6. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    If the professor does anything other than study football, the credibility of your statement goes out the window.
  7. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This guy should be our starting center next year,
  8. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    he should be or at one of the OG's

but is he in Jerry's world

I like what this guy did

1. Cowboys: Jones, Barrett OG Alabama
    Dallas trades from 7th overall to number 11 and pick up an an extra 2nd round pick. They trade down again to gain the 17 overall pick and pick up an extra 3rd round pick and finally Dallas will stop moving down after pick 23 and take Barrett Jones after acquiring an extra 2nd round pick. They take Jones in hopes that he will play C for Dallas but may be a better fit at G in the NFL. He may not be the strongest or most atheletic lineman in the draft but he may very well be the smartest and most techniquly sound lineman. He helps to form one of the most dominant lines in the NCAA. He can easily get to the second level. He has play LT before but he may be no more than a RT in the league at any time. His versatility could land him higher in the draft but it won't happen due to the talent at other positions. Within 2-3 years he can become a pro bowler they. Dallas will more than likely put Jones at LG to help out Tyron Smith
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,789 Messages
    5,943 Likes Received
    Barrett reminds me of Kyle Kosier.
  10. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    The guy is just a good football player, but if Dallas was going to take an olineman in the first, I would hope to grab his teammate Warmack instead.
  11. TVMan

TVMan Active Member

798 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    This has nothing to do with your post, but LOL at your second choice for HC..in your sig.:laugh1:
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,051 Messages
    2,287 Likes Received
    This is the year to get creative in the draft, trade around, and get some OL and DL early.

I think I like the UNC guard the best and he's currently not the top ranked guard. I'd like to find a DL 1st but im cool with an offensive tackle or a guard in a trade down.
  13. Shatz88

Shatz88 New Member

24 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Barrett Jones was beaten badly by the interior DL from Texas A&M. I wouldn't have a problem if they took him in the 2nd round, but I don't see him as a 1st round player.
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I agree. I think Warmack is a better guard and I expect Jones may slip into the second round anyway.
  15. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    I'd like to have him only if we trade back and pick up another pick or two. If he's available late in the first then I say grab him. Otherwise, stockpile picks for the late first/early second rounds and grab a couple O-Lineman and a DE/OLB or NT.
  16. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Well, that settles it. Gotta pass on the guy.
  17. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    I do remember him getting pushed around quite a bit against ATM. I wasn't very impressed. But, not sure if it was just a bad game or not.