1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Barron & Decastro?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Afigueroa22, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Lately a lot of mocks have Barron taken before we pick which I do not personally believe will happen. So, say we take him at 14 and go about our busniess. 15,16,17,18,19,20,21....Decastro is still on the board. Would we trade up in my dream scenario?
  2. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,040 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    In a heartbeat.
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    That scenario is a dream come true. Barron & DeCastro, wow! Too bad it would never ever happen though.
  4. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Nobody thought Mark Ingram would fall but he did. Besides, the only other team I've seen Decastro being mocked to after us is the Bengals at 21. Be an optimist :)
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,712 Messages
    1,535 Likes Received
    How about the Chiefs at #11? I've seen that.
  6. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    That is probably the way the draft will go but you never know.
  7. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    I've thought about that as well. Highly unlikely we'd be so lucky to have the chance to trade up for DeCastro, but getting those two would awesome. I'd try like crazy to make that trade. Starters at two positions of strong need...it'd be party time tomorrow night.
  8. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received

If they took a poll right after day 1 on what fans were the happiest with their team's draft we would have astronomical numbers. Assuming the draft went like this ofcourse.
  9. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If the stars were to somehow align — in some crazy dreamworld-type of Draft event — so that we were able to draft Barron. A N D .DeCastro ...

[IMG]

I'd have to feverishly wipe the drool pool of slobber off my jeans, or some such similar reaction.
  10. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    We can dream together my friend.
  11. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes we can. Those are the best kinds of dreams. What's reality got to do with it? LOL! .;)
  12. BigMac6

BigMac6 Member

83 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    LOL! That's the reason because I point the clock al 2 am CET to watch the first round live!
  13. rwalters31

rwalters31 Active Member

463 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Not taking DeCastro would be a failed draft. I have read all the favorite players on this board and none, none have the impact that DeCostro will have on this team. You want Romo to lead us to the Super Bowl, then let him still be playing at that time. By the way a center who allows Romo to step up into the pocket should be a priority.

you want to improve the defense then go after the one player who can change the opposite teams game plan and make the front defensive seven look like all pros. A player that makes the present secondary outstanding. This player is the nose tackle in a 3 4 defense who can push the OL backwards into the QB and stuff the run.

If you are looking to go to the Super Bowl this is a blue print on how to do that.

Not doing these things and I guaranty no Super Bowl and that next years draft priority will be Romo's replacement. :(
  14. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I would trade back up from our second for Koonz or Glenn if they were there at the end of the first or top of the second.