1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Barron, Cox both gone.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by bsheeern, Apr 27, 2012.

1. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Had we sat at 14 both Barron and Cox would have been gone. Now you could say Tampa migh not have taken Barron if Dallas hadn't traded up to get Mo. But Tampa obviously felt Barron would be gone if they risked trading back again.

14 would have been tricky especially if Philly was still willing to move up for cox even after we had taken Mo. Then you have a bidding war between us and Philly that could have cost us that 2nd rd pick regardless just for a couple spots.

We made our own path in round 1 Instead of waiting and allowing other teams to set the tone.
  2. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,652 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I thought the same last night. I was liking Barron but thought all the talk about him going higher than 14 to the Bills, etc. was WAY overblown and we should sit still to take him.
    Very glad now that that plan went to hell the first hour of the draft. I was surprised he went as high as 8. Tbh, I think Tampa burned itself with going down so far and we moved in front of them to grab our guy. They then took Barron.
  3. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,784 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    For those of you who didn't want Brockers, you should be thrilled with this move. VBecause Brockers likely would have been the pick at 14 otherwise.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,763 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    Impossible to say because of the way things played out, what might have happened otherwise. I think we would have had a shot at Cox but probably not Barron. If Tampa gets Claireborn though, who knows what happens to Barron. Obviously Tampa wanted a secondary player, with Morris off the board, they took the guy they had next up, but I think they took him earlier than they wanted to.
  5. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,178 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    Jerry said Claiborne was the only guy we would have traded up for.

It would've been Brockers or a trade down.
  6. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,213 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Rumor has it Eagle fans were really begging for Cox last night. Sorry couldnt resist.
  7. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,514 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    I was shocked when barron went 7th. I looked at my dad and said i'm glad we made a move or brockers would have been our pick. Mind you my dad has been saying for weeks that they should trade up for claiborne and laughed in his face lol Now all he is saying I've been a cowboys fan when landry went to the boys. I know a little something about good football lol