1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Barron is just way too hot right now

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Jenky, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,843 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Even the Bills are interested. I think if Dallas really wants him, they'll have to trade into the top 10 to snag him. I'm not saying I would do it. I'd rather have DeCastro, but I wouldn't be upset if we did get Barron. He still fills a need.

The team views Barron as a "playmaker" and a "day-one starter" for their defensive scheme. Although the Bills do have interest in Boston College LB Luke Kuechly, WGR 550 Buffalo's Joe Buscaglia expects the No. 10 pick to come down to Barron or Gilmore. The Cowboys, Chargers, and Patriots are out of luck on Barron if the Bills are truly smitten.
    Related: Stephon Gilmore, Patriots, Chargers, Cowboys
    Source: WGR 550 Buffalo Apr 24 - 6:23 PM
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,487 Messages
    1,805 Likes Received
    The Bills telegraph their picks. If someone can find some interviews with Gailey, we should be able to get an idea of how real that interest is.
  3. Sabu1

Sabu1 Member

368 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which probably means we draft Barron. Most of these speculated trades never materialize.
  4. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,843 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    I think there's just too much interest. Watch some dark horse team snag him out of no where.
  5. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    i still think that if it's going to be anyone it will be the pats
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,120 Messages
    2,970 Likes Received
    There are plenty of good players in this draft, no need to trade up for Barron.
  7. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,123 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    What would it take to jump up to #9 to get Barron? Could we get there with a 4th?
  8. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,408 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Buffalo has two young and talented safeties. There is almost no chance they grab Barron. I'm not buying it.
  9. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,265 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Agree.

I don't see Buf going S at 10.
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,225 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received

Let them have him, I would rather have DeCastro anyways.
  11. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,843 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    I'll give you Byrd that's about it.
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,120 Messages
    2,970 Likes Received
    Normally, it would require an early 3rd or late 2nd.
  13. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,122 Messages
    218 Likes Received

They might be looking to trade out unless they want Reily Reiff over Cordy Glenn. They need tackle help and cornerback help in a big way. I think Buffalo can be had in a trade up for Barron or Decastro. The question is how much will it cost. I wouldn't give up the third round pick. It would have to be our a 4th rounder and something additional to make up the points.
  14. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,408 Messages
    102 Likes Received

George Wilson 106 tackles, 2 ff 4 ints. He is a really good safety. Maybe not young, he is 31, but he has been playing at a high level the last few years.
  15. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    That's the only way I'd be okay with moving up. On of our fourths and maybe a player. No starters. Otherwise, stay put.