Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by casmith07, Aug 21, 2014.
On with Ian Fitzsimmons...
- little warm at practice, great to have Romo and McClain back, looking forward to Saturday
- on Ro McClain: no reason to be concern, locker neighbors, nobody loves the game more than Rolando, laid out Ronald Leary on a pull - he goes "balls to the wall" in practice
- on illegal contact flags: guys extend their arms on offense at the top of routes all the time and they don't get calls, they call ticky tack stuff on the D, have to basically play with their hands behind their back, but rules are rules
- Reg. Season carryover? Feels like they're going to be rough on defenses in preseason, but not in regular season, games will "last like 5 hours" (laughter)
- on game Saturday: important, should be near full cast for Saturday, looking forward to see Carr play and Claiborne might play, first half or first three quarters
- boulder on your shoulder about media talking about defense? We can't say much because we were really bad, we can't talk, but just show with our pads "talk with our pads" and hope it shows up in the stats
- emphasis on Ro McClain: passion only matched by Dez Bryant, he's going to be great
Thanks for the recap. Appreciate it.
I don't buy the McClain hype though. I think at best, we'd get a backup quality player out of it.
Thanks for the recap....
I don't know what to make of this. I hope it's true. I don't see why Church would lie about it.
If it's true, sounds like the guys has done a 180 from his days in Oakland.
If this is indeed accurate, I worry about the other 51 that are going to be on the roster.
The gulf in regards to passion between these two is extremely wide.
Yes, because you are there in practice and working out and know the guy.
Cut the other 51. We can win with passion.
If Passion Player #1 is Bryant and number #2 is McClain, that fills you with pride?
What about the players that did not quit? Several times.
The sell job that is being done with McClain is amazing.
Thank you Sir, for the recap...hoooah.
And this is what a troll would post.
The media is always asking about McClain because there is a story there.
Expect players will say these kind of things because that is what you do. No player is going to be negative about a teammate unless there is a severe problem in the locker room or they are completely disgruntled.
The degree to which a person may or may not exaggerate has a lot to do with their personality.
The comments are nice tidbits for us fans, but when the games start everyone can judge for themselves whether a player is performing well or not.
I don't think it's wise to draw general conclusions from assumptions based on player comments for those reasons.
The media will make a story even if there isn't one. Business - gotta sell clicks.
For me, unless I hear more about police or other issues, I'm going to believe the McClain stuff is just talk from the media.
I would take him onto my tank...I like real linebackers.
The majority of talk has been positive about him. I'm glad to hear it. I'm optimistic in regards to his future.
Sometimes it pays to put old fashion trust in people...you know, the old fashioned way. I like McClain a lot, myself. Just because in the final looks, he plays the full part of a solid linebacker. He'll get in better shape, that I don't doubt. He's an athlete deserving of the label. We can all have bad luck, but that is part of life as well.
Yep, Barry Church is in on selling McClain to the Cowboys faithful
Sometimes all a guy needs is some positive words and influence in his life.
Yes. Barry Church is clearly talking up McClain. That's not necessarily bad. Part of leadership is knowing how to motivate.