1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Basketball Players?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Nors, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NFL | Scouts Considering Hayes as a TE Prospect? - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:52:21 -0800

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports NFL scouts may be looking at University of Kentucky forward Chuck Hayes as a potential tight end in the future. Hayes, who is currently in season with the Wildcats' basketball team, has yet to express an interest in making the jump to the NFL.

Any football players in draft also basketball players?
  2. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    There always are Nors. 99% of them turn out to be horrible football players.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    We have had pretty good luck with basketball players over the years.
  4. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

1,607 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    We draffted a guy named Roderick Monroe a few years ago. Rod played juco college ball right outside of Waco, TX and then finished his career at Cincy. He never made it as a football player.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    Cornell Green, Rayfield Wright, Ed Jones, Leon Lett and Alvin Harper were all former Basketball players I believe.
  6. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Charles Alston was an UDRFA we paid a lot of money to a year or so ago. IIRC he played in both a football and basketball game in a 24 hour time period. I also remember us drafting a basketball player back in the 90's with a 5th round pick or so and he didn't do anything.
  7. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gates, and a pretty good TE in KC played basketball :cool:

I realize that only 1% can make that jump, Just looking for help if there are any two sport prospects in this draft.

Any help appreciated, geez
  8. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Was a Center at Pitt in mid to late 70's

Had a very good NFL career at DT
  9. ABQCOWBOY

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    Greg Paulus is one of the top HS Football QBs in the country in the class of 2006, perhaps the top QB prospect, and he has signed to play basketball for Duke University.
  10. Kevlee06

Kevlee06 New Member

470 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Greg Paulas was HORRIBLE at the US Army All American game. He needs to stick to basketball, lol.

But big forwards like Gates might consider trying the NFL, especially if the NBA isnt calling.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Preston Pearson was also a basketball player
  12. ABQCOWBOY

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    Didn't get a chance to see that game this year. Kinda disapointed about that. Having said that, guys got offers to play football from everybody in the country. I hope is terrible play continues on the court. I'm a Carolina fan so naturally I am happy to see any Dukie fall on there face.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    Didn't know that Dooms. Who drafted him originally? Was it Pittsburgh or did he come over to Dallas via Pittsburgh and somewhere else?
  14. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,768 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    I'm guessing you don't follow recruiting much.

The defensive line from the West side was just amazing. Roy Miller, Raymond Henderson, Jerrell Powe, Demarcus Granger, just to name a few are some of the best of the best. The East's offensive line was mangled play after play.

Paulus was running for his life more than anything, so I don't really say how you get he was awful unless you didn't like how the guy ran all day.