1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Battlefield 3. Better than COD?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by danielofthesaints, Jun 11, 2011.

1. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    I honestly think the Battlefield brand will pass COD will there next release of Battlefield 3. The gameplay looks phenomenal. The graphics look amazing. Not much I can say that I have a problem with from what I am seeing. Due to language on both videos, I will just give you the links. What do you think Zoners?

I suggest the HD version for both.

12 minute Gameplay trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc

Here is a video released at E3 titled Thunder Run Tank Gameplay Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwOrl036_A
  2. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,642 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    BF3 looks amazing to be sure, and I'm so glad it's going back to 64 player maps and a focus on the PC game. I enjoyed playing BF2 back in the day far more than any of the CoD games.

It's not going to overtake Call of Duty in sales or anything because those games have a large volume of sales on 360 and PS3 and BF3 is focused on the PC version of the game, but if it's as good as it looks it will be quite successful.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,909 Messages
    1,681 Likes Received
    Doubtful.

The last one wasn't even close so I doubt they can make that big of jump in a single release.
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I've played both, and the only CoD that compares to any BF was CoD 4. BF are just better games.
  5. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My wife has informed me that I'm too old to play video games. :mad:

I'm getting rid of all of them....but they might have to be a trade in for this one. Looks pretty ******.

Havent' played Battlefield in years....but I used to love Battlefield 2.
  6. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,642 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    PC Battlefield games have been better than CoD/MoH at every juncture. It's not even close.

CoD/MoH is for Consoles and are superior to all the Battlefield games made for consoles. The Bad company line has some nice Multiplayer, But CoD is overall a much better series of games than BC.

Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, and Battlefield 2 are some of the best War ONLINE FPS's ever made. Nothing CoD has ever done has even been remotely close to as good, when it comes to online play.

I haven't read much about BF3 yet. But if it's a PC game and simply a new improved version of BF2? It'll blow CoD away.
  7. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,416 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    As good as BF3 may be there is still one constant...PC Gaming is dead.
  8. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Well, not completely. The only thing worth a crap on consoles are FPSs and those get old. I'm still waiting for an MMO on xbox.
  9. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    BFBC2 was already better than Call of Duty. Battlefield 3 will continue that trend. Unless IW somehow gets awesome and stops churning out buggy pieces of fail.
  10. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,005 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Call of Duty has become like the Madden franchises: An excuse for the company to charge you $60 for what's essentially the same game engine, with a few new faces. CoD delivers a terribly slim single player story, and borked multiplayer. But hey, it's like printing money for them, so why not...
  11. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,642 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Yeah, no. WoW still has 10 million+ subscribers. Starcraft 2 sold about 3 million copies in its first week out. Hell, The Witcher 2, which doesn't have the Blizzard pedigree and is made by a small Polish developer sold almost half a million copies its first week out.

Diablo 3 will probably shatter whatever records Cataclsym and Starcraft 2 set for PC game day one sales too.
  12. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    PC Gaming aint what it used to be, though. If you had asked me in the late 90s if I'd ever game more on a console than a PC I'd have told you that you were out of your damn mind. Im trying to come back to PC, though....all these strat games like I used to play going for cheap on Steam the last several months, and now BF3 coming I'm slowly drifting back.
  13. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I bought Battlefield 2 last year because everyone said it was better then COD. The game was very disappointing and sold it last week. The fact you couldn’t lay on the ground was a joke. I like the idea of using tanks/airplanes, ect but that too had many short comings.

edit: Although that BF3 trailer looks pretty good.
  14. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,642 Messages
    137 Likes Received

Uh.. did you get battlefield 2 for a console? Or Battlefield 2 for the PC? Two different games. IN the PC version you can most definitely go prone (on your stomach).
  15. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You could go prone in Battlefield 2 on consoles too.
  16. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    On the PS3 you could not go prone. http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Bad-Company-2-Will-Never-Go-Prone-22602.htmlI also seemed to struggle with accuracy. I couldn’t anyone with the sniper rifle to save my life. I also thought the graphics were not impressive.

That said, i also not impressed with COD on the PS3. On the Mac COD is awesome. Much easier to shoot with a mouse, at least for me.
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,909 Messages
    1,681 Likes Received
    I'm actually interested in BF3's team deathmatch mode.

That should be good.

Of course, the maps will have to be so much smaller than on the other game types.

No way you can have that much room in a game of deathmatch. People could literally hide the entire time and you wouldn't have enough time to scour 1/4th of the playing field.
  18. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Spoken like someone who doesn't know anything. Madden and CoD doesn't not make up all gaming. Some of the biggest games are PC only.
  19. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I know I will be a part of that record breaking process when D3 is released.
  20. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    IMO FPS suck horribly on the console. PC is the way to go. Console's are for games like Mortal Kombat types and sports games.