1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bayless Writes of his Cowboys Collision

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by dallasblue05, Jul 13, 2005.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Imagine that... hard to believe Skip would leave something out that makes himself look bad...

Skip is a hack... always has been... always will be... and I have a 19 year history with his writing crapola...
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,130 Messages
    4,328 Likes Received
    I was going to say you guys are missing the point of the story. Bayless should have gotten off that plane with multiple broken bones but didn't.

:banghead:
  3. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I agree he should have been pulverized ,but I just do not believe his story.
  4. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Knowing Skip... and I have talked to him a few times in person... you can believe the event... just not his recollection of what actually transpired... ;)
  5. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Hahahaha, You hold on to that fantasy. Jimmy's contract was just like the one BP has right now. Yes they make all of the personnel moves but neither guy can pull the trigger without Jerry signing off on the deal, Just like back in 89, and the supplemental draft with Walsh.

You must be isolated, because it has been said over and over that Jimmy wanted Mandarich but the Packers got him, and when Emmitt was coming out he wanted Seau and Blair Thomas, but both guys were gone so he took Emmitt, which the RB coach back then had been in his ear all along to draft.

I agree, Landry was had Troy picked already, but Jones and Jimmy stayed the course, but Jimmy wanted Mandarich the Tackle, he has admitted that too, in an interview. He admitted that he wanted to start with his O-Line, what coach wouldn't?

I know he wanted Mandarich, we got Aikman, now I do not remember if he wanted to try and get both, or if he was just stated that it was a big decision to which one he should go with. It does not matter now anyway.

But with Walsh, that is a different story, he wanted Walsh for his QB, it has been written too many times and you have just read from one and probably the first guy to write about that. And regardless of what you want to believe Jones made Jimmy start Aikman, and to get rid of Walsh, I remember that like it was yesterday. I'm 100 percent Texan tried and true.
  6. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Carter has blonde hair and blue eyes? Talk about typical.
  7. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,308 Messages
    2,113 Likes Received
    This comment is weak.

Carter is gone smoking a joint somewhere.

You turn a lack of mentioning Carter in some antiQB talk into a promotion.

Take your BS agenda eselwhere
  8. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,380 Messages
    626 Likes Received

The person making the original post has the agenda, my AGENDA is to call out that agenda.

Don't like it, you go elsewhere. :jerk:
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

16,308 Messages
    2,113 Likes Received
    If there is anyone that has an agenda it is you.

There are slews of 20 page threads about Carter/Hutch in the archives. Go there if you want to dredge garbage.

Do you get some werrd vindication in continuing to look for ways to denegrate bad players no longer on the team?

Hey if that floats your boat have at it but man that was old back in 2003.

I guess that means my agenda is to point how your agenda to look for phantom Carter/Hutch agendas in others agendas is lame.
  10. blindzebra

9,380 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    Call it whatever you want, so yes I have an anti-troll agenda.

When was the last time you saw me start a thread about Carter or any QB for that matter?

If someone makes inaccurate, or in some cases outright fabrication, posts about our past QBs, I'll correct them.

If someone does the same about our current QBs, I'll correct them.

Once again, if you don't like it, too bad.
  11. FuzzyLumpkins

16,308 Messages
    2,113 Likes Received
    Your getting upset about an omission of Carter in a post about how our QBs of the past have sucked.

Perhaps you should take your own advice when you said THIS.

If you want to talk about the Carter/Hutch garbage and dredge it up everytime someone doesnt say that Carter sucked have fun. Its lame but hey somepeople enjoy lame stuff.
  12. blindzebra

9,380 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    Who said I'm upset?

Point taken on the post I made when Carter got cut. I have not done the I told you so stuff, and I do not start threads about it. I do tear up the revisionist history of those who post it, however.

Lame? Your opinion.

What I find lame is holding a player above the team, re-writing history to defend him, and throwing him...even by not including him;)...into every thread you can.
  13. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Tui should have shown Bayless the blue water in the lav
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

16,308 Messages
    2,113 Likes Received
    I was referring to the part where you said that Hutch/Carter was in the past and to look to the future.

If you feel that it is important to remind everyone that Carter sucked too have fun.

To me its like banging your head into the wall. But hey whatever.
  15. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have a question about Bayless.

On that First and Ten ESPN show, they have him partnered up with Woody Page, in a very obvious 'contrast' of style. Page is countrified, rumpled, and common sense. Bayliss is citified, over-groomed, and caustic.

My question is has Bayliss always been the effete obnoxious snob he comes across as in that show,or is that mostly ESPN's design for the show?

(Cuz I can't believe this guy was within ten feet of a threat-mode Tunei without fainitng dead away)