1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Beastley Calling #2

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    I believe it is just a matter of time before our coaching staff wakes up and smells the 6 week old coffee grounds. Beastley will play a role in the success of this team before it's all said & done.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,081 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    I think so too but I also think it starts on the practice field and in the class room. That is where players gain trust. If he is getting it done out there he will get his chance
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,163 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    It's time to make some adjustments somewhere. Our coaches don't do much of that though.
  4. Doomsday101

75,081 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    I seem to see a lot of faces on the field who did not play last season. Coaches are not just going to throw a player out there because fans are curious
  5. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,286 Messages
    1,344 Likes Received
    Well, don't blink, because Beasley is in for about a 2-quarter career.

He and his 7th-grade body will get broken in half.
  6. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,039 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    If Otree can't go I think we will see a lot of Harris.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,163 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    You're right. It usually takes an injury and a record setting day to get them out there.
  8. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    YUP...
  9. Doomsday101

75,081 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    As I said when players show it during the week they gain the trust and that is not just in Dallas. Coaches do not just throw a guy out on game day for the hell of it.
  10. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,230 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    Harris will be the guy.
  11. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    but, here in Dallas we have seen it over and over where a guy will not get a chance until someone else is injured. Then, when they get that chance, they play better than the person who was injured. Do these guys just suck in practice but bring it on gameday??
  12. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,235 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    Why did Miles stay in the lineup after the KC game? It obvious that he wasn't showing anything in practice because he would've been starting before that if your theory was true. Same for Murray and the Rams game, I think that its possible that draft status and contracts weigh in when starters are being evaluated. Sounds more realistic to me, gotta make that gm look good at all cost.
  13. Doomsday101

75,081 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    That is not always the case. We have had guys start from day 1, we have had young players who were injured and could not play right away but when healthy they got it. Barry Church showed a lot and gave the coaches faith in him so that they choose to go with him as opposed to finding someone with more experience.

Fans want to see a certain player in many cases their pet cat and yet they are not out there on the practice field, they are not in the class rooms they don't know Jack about where that player is in terms of being ready. So when coaches don't play them some get upset over something they have no clue about other than their own curiosity and it does not work that way.
  14. Doomsday101

75,081 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Why did Emmitt Smith not start on day 1 when he came to Dallas? Before the KC game Miles was given playing time and often would end up hurt and missing weeks of practice slowing down his progress. it is not that they did not want him out there but things are not done on a whim and they sure as hell are not done on fans time table.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,941 Messages
    5,599 Likes Received
    A lot of coaches are reluctant to play rookies or unproven players. The known option is safer.

You can't just blindly rely on the theory that they'll play in games if they prove themselves during the week.
  16. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Like Miles Austin having an all-world performance unexpectedly due to injury, only to have JG's coaching once again reign supreme, with the offense going into sputtering mode.
  17. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,235 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    So if not for the injury to RW, when does Austin see the field as a starter?
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,082 Messages
    4,001 Likes Received
    I think it's because avoiding bad plays is a lot more important than people realize. It doesn't show up much on tv, but even one extra blown pass protection is a reason to go with a veteran RB over a rookie who shows maybe more explosiveness in the passing game.

Now, at WR, when your vets can't run the right routes properly, I'm not sure what you gain by continuing to give them snaps. That's when I think you look at bringing in other players or throwing to other positions. I think we're there, now. I'd like to see somebody getting some snaps. Hana and Philips are my top candidates, but it'd be great to see Harris, Holmes, or Beasley produce something and earn more playing time.
  19. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

828 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Danny Woodhead, Darren Sproles, and Wes Welker all probably had same thing said when they were rookies...
  20. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Then why is Dez out there?