1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Beastley Calling #2

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,235 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received
    I think at some point he would have. Austin was getting time before RW got to Dallas but he would go in make a few plays and get injured. Losing time and reps.

No doubt an injury can open the door for a player but that is not just in Dallas. People act as if Dallas is the only team who does this, well wake up watch some other teams instead of putting the micro scope on the Cowboys.

There is no doubt what players do Monday through Friday makes a big difference in the eyes of the coach in terms of how quickly they put a player out there and the role that player will take.
  2. Doomsday101

76,235 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received
    Dez does a lot of good things that the coaches see in him. No doubt Dez makes mistakes and needs to get that cleaned up he also can make plays that I don't see any of the other WR capable of making. Dez is a big physical WR and I don't see that trait in any of the others to lineup as an outside WR. Beasly sure as heck is not an outside WR, I think he is a guy that could have success in the slot
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,542 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    Cuz he held out in training camp? Wouldn't that have a slight effect on it?

He signed his contract 5 days before the start of the season.
  4. Doomsday101

76,235 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received
    Sure but it is also pretty common that players are not just thrown out there.
    Because fans want to see a player means nothing, coaches need to see these guys producing in practice that is where you earn playing time.
  5. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Totally agree.
  6. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    He will accomplish more in those 2 qtrs. than our other wide receivers if they target him.
  7. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,542 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    If Emmitt had not held out, he was have started Day 1.

Aikman started as a rookie the year before.
  8. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,198 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    Ogletree hasn't done anything notable since game 1, except possibly getting a bruised sternum from that pass that bounced off his chest. Give Cole a chance.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,030 Messages
    7,514 Likes Received
    I would agree with both points. We saw Romo go out for the year on a missed blocking assignment by a rookie. It can make any coach bashful about playing unproven players.

I mean, I'm all for it....but my job isn't on the line either.
  10. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,470 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Just like Desean Jackson was....? :rolleyes:
  11. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,340 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    But if it wasn't for the RW injury he would not have been given a chance. What he had done in practice, up to that point, wasn't good enough in the coaches eyes. He gets the start and breaks a record in single game yardage, and never sees the bench again. That tells me that the people that you have faith in player evaluation may not do such a good job from Monday through Friday.
  12. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,539 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    Thank you. Excellent point.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,801 Messages
    5,520 Likes Received
    Or your collarbone.
  14. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,404 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I'm with you man. Ogletree is not getting it done. Beasley is the kind of guy that can add an explosive element to the offense. I'd like to see him get a shot to do something.
  15. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,210 Messages
    970 Likes Received
    I think Hanna makes more of an impact than any other WRs this year.
  16. Doomsday101

76,235 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received
    If it were not for miles getting injured each time Dallas put him in we may not have went out and got RW. I love Miles but it seemed anytime Dallas would put him in early on in his career he would make a great play then come up injured. What guys do in paractice does matter and it gives coaches a better view of the players than some fan who only sees games on Sunday.
  17. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,793 Messages
    846 Likes Received

I wish that we had a slam dunk over the defender smiley.
  18. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,237 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    Out of all the receivers behind Ogletree why is it that Beasley is the one who constantly people "call for".
  19. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,237 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    Yea that is true. Didn't the Cowboys put a 2nd round tender on Miles? They clearly thought he had something. He was always going to get out there. But if he wasn't so injury prone at the time we would've never made that trade for Roy. We needed someone to compliment TO who was having trouble getting off the line and Crayton was a good slot for us. Miles had the chance to step in there and take that spot but whether it was injury or what not he simply didn't.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,698 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    White guy. :D

Sorry, I had to say the obvious if nobody else will.

Having said that, I think the Beasly lovers may have someting to hope for this week. A lot of guys are banged up, including Ogletree and now, to a lesser degree, my guy Harris. I think the kid can get open, so it could be fun to see him get a few reps.