1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Beat writers fight at Eagles practice

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sunbum, Sep 29, 2011.

1. sunbum

sunbum Member

688 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Has to be one of the funniest articles I read in awhile. I guess even the Philly Sports Media is bush league too!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...tween-Philadelphia-Eagles-beat-writers-092811

Beat writers fight at Eagles practice
    NewsCore

Updated Sep 28, 2011 5:41 PM ET
    A war of words on Twitter between two Philadelphia Eagles beat writers escalated into a physical altercation Wednesday, with one writer landing a punch to his counterpart's head.

Looking for more dirt on the Eagles? Get the inside slant, stats, scores, schedules and more scoops right here.

Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News and Jeff McLane of The Philadelphia Inquirer had to be separated by their peers at the Eagles practice facility, according to local sports radio personality and WCAU-TV contributor Howard Eskin.

The two men were involved in a Twitter spat Tuesday, during which McLane called the elder Bowen an "old hack that hasn't broken a story in years."

Bowen, who vowed on Twitter to handle his "business in person" landed a punch to McLane's head before the feuding beat writers were quickly broken up, according to Eskin.
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Good stuff! :lmao2:

[IMG]
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,742 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Nothing like a good punch to settle the issue of chump journalism.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,654 Messages
    2,789 Likes Received
    Seriously: is there any redeeming trait with anything associated with that franchise? Punks on the field, animal cruelty, a head coach who can't be distracted from his career to parent kids who desperately needed him, fans who vomit on children, batteries in snowballs, booing Santa at Christmas time, and beat reporters coming to blows over twitter fights. What a bunch of clowns.
  5. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah, we get a laugh out of their misery. :laugh2:

:trophy:
  6. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,539 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    at least they dont have to worry about those hooligans up in Filthy rioting in the streets in celebration of a SB victory.....but then again, they always riot in the streets cause they are Filthydelphians.
  7. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,872 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I would have given them some serious $$$ to kick Sal Pal's ***. I hate that guy.
  8. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Seems like pretty standard Philly stuff. Probably the most openly hostile first world city I've ever spent time in. People just seem pissed off all the time.
  9. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
  10. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,680 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Not to mention the seven year old kid throwing rocks at the Giants bus (and the parent who would allow him to do this).
  11. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hope a video follows soon. Beat writers fighting would be a funny reality show.
  12. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...you got it covered Idgit:lmao2: ........they suck and everything about them sucks.
  13. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,027 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    What are the possible matchups and odds if Dallas beat writers had a melee?
  14. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...Galloway....called a draw on account of wimpiness:laugh1:
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,896 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    Just don't mess with the queen of mean Jen. :laugh2:
  16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,032 Messages
    4,197 Likes Received
    Knowing the Philly media very well, I'm surprised it was these two who ended up fighting.
  17. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I wonder what Sal's boyfriend look like-lol