1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Beck: Barack Obama's Civilian Army

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Angus, Aug 31, 2009.

1. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is the answer that I gave to this question back in November, I found it with the search function...

It's also important to note that the phrase "just as well funded" doesn't mean equally funded. As an example, let's say that I have a project that costs $10 in order to be effective and a project that costs $1000 dollars to be effective. As long as both projects receive the amount of money they need in order to be effective, then they are being just as well funded, regardless of the actual amount of money being put in.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,167 Messages
    517 Likes Received

Why do we need agricultural specializists to go into dangerous areas?
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Thanks, a good article with a good explanation.
    I've been sucked... :eek::
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Having read that entire article, it appears he wants to expand our military to include an aspect of war that might have been invaluable to the war in Iraq: people who can clean up the mess after the physical beating takes place.
  6. ShiningStar

6,167 Messages
    517 Likes Received

hmm no, he says they will be as funded as the military and NOT part of the military. Not buying it. He does not say "we need to expand the military to make it more effective".
  7. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Well, what do you know.

Thanks for bringing this up-until-this-point ridiculous thread to a close, masomeonos85.
  8. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    He did though in the article.
    Obama supports the ongoing expansion of the Army and Marine Corps by a combined 92,000 members, which he says is necessary to alleviate stresses on both the active and reserve components.

"What I want is a fully integrated armed forces that can deal with the full spectrum of threats that are out there," Obama told editors from the Military Times publications, the sister group of Defense News. "I want them to be able to engage in counterinsurgency and asymmetrical presences that are out there. I also want them to be able to respond if near peers are able to mount attacks in situations that are more conventional."

It may be pie in the sky, predicated on diverting funds from Iraq to it, but he's pretty much saying that it's to expand what we already have.
  9. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,721 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    To help cultivate a higher quality of weed and heroine so the Mexican smugglers have job security.
  10. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,721 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Counterinsurgency is handing out candy bars to kids. If if not in the Army field manual it's out. So we are left to handy out candy and reading them their rights. Hope it works.
  11. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  12. ShiningStar

6,167 Messages
    517 Likes Received

So teh agriculture team is going to erradicate all threats from the countries agriculture?

Two things are being said here, neither of which works. You are either expanding on the military, which he does seperate them, or you are expanding it. Telling me both have to be equally funded is telling me there are two different entities. Plain and simple.

Now if we want our military having specialitists designed to go after enemy agriculture, allow me to introduce you to fire. I just dont think that is the case.
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Sorry maso but in todays government it is about how much money you get. Just as well funded means dollar for dollar.
  14. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    It's pretty apparent what an agriculture team would do. Assist locals after the military has swept through...it's part of a smooth-things-over-so-you-might-be-less-inclined-to-IED-us plan.
  15. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks for the article. It puts a much less sinister light on the video.

It doesn't completely alleviate my concern, however, because there has been a general disconnect between Obama's campaign rhetoric and actualities since the election. The matter certainly bears watching. I'll prepare for the worse while hoping for the best.

But thanks. It is always best to have as much information as possible.

:)
  16. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Hey, i just realized something. This means that Glenn Beck is, yet again, wrong!
  17. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Microsoft is not in the business of security.
    Listen to that quote again.
  18. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No, it doesn't mean he is wrong. All he did was ask a question. The article supplies what may be a partial answer, but asking the question was the right thing to do.

:)
  19. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,363 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-D_S7WOnjg :lmao2:

Beck, Limbaugh, Cheney, Palin, Hannity, Sen. Grassley, the Teabaggers and the Loonies at the Townhalls..............have enough rope yet? Can't wait till 2012.
  20. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Maybe Obama wants to secretly use the civilian army to deport all illegal aliens?

Just a thought. :D