1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bellecheat screwed up

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by burmafrd, Apr 28, 2011.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Solder is not going to be a really good one no matter how hard they work on him
  2. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,074 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I've been saying that since Joel Buschbaum (sp?), draft god, died, BB's picks have sucked. When Joel was alive, BB would go over his draft chart with Joel the night before the draft, and make corrections based on Joel's recommendations. Heck, BB even offered Joel a job in his scouting department, but Joel declined. I'm fully convinced, that Tom Brady was a Buschbaum pick, and NOT a BB pick.
  3. AZ_Cowboys_Fan

AZ_Cowboys_Fan Member

516 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    agreed.... i was shocked at that pick. they passed on costanzo and jordan for him??? wow. just WOW.
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol, really?

Wow, they grabbed Devin McCourty, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Spikes, et cetera last year.:rolleyes:
  5. burmafrd

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    The last four years of Pats picks have not been all that good. One good year out of four is pathetic.
  6. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,303 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    Yes they did!! Love it!!

They will trade out for their next pick.
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's see:

Patrick Chung
    Sebastian Vollmer
    Aaron Hernandez
    Darius Butler
    Brandon Tate
    Julian Edelman
    Jerod Mayo
    Brandon Merriweather to name a few.

Also, if you factor in the had drafts where they didn't have a 1st round pick ('09), a draft ('07) where they had a 1st, 4th, 5th, four 6ths and two 7ths, it puts things into perspective.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Message board posters >>> HOF coaches.
  9. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    ......these guys kill me.:lmao2: Although I AM surprised they missed out on Ingram....they could 'rue' the day on that one....:)
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    Isn't Merriweather having problems?
  11. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,608 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    i think he is.
  12. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,633 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    I have no idea if Solder with become a good player or not but I know this, if I was a pats fan, I would not be happy right now. With what they started with in terms of picks, to only be sitting there with Solder and a 1st next year from a potential super bowl team has to be disappointing.
  13. burmafrd

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    How many of those guys are real difference makers? Fact is that with all these picks the Pats D is not what it was in the early 2000's. And they have holes on the O line that made them go for Solder. which was a mistake; should have taken Castanzo.
  14. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,835 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    The film they showed of Solder makes me feel better about Smith.
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I know one Pats fan who will be livid they traded out of the Ingram pick for a future low 1st. They need play makers. They rely too heavily on Brady carrying that team in Dirk-esque fashin, just hitting a bunch of slot WRs and TEs down the middle seam. Brady in that Jets playoffs loss looked like he was starting to show his age a little bit.
  16. burmafrd

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Brady no longer has the fire in the belly he once had. You can see it. Peyton still does but Brady does not.
  17. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,927 Messages
    100 Likes Received

Thats a lot of meh.

Tom Brady is like 33, how about you stop playing around and go get Julio Jones?

People keep saying they are the smartest team but having Peyton and Brady makes you look smarter than you really are. Those teams arent great but they contend b/c of the elite QB play.
  18. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,376 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    Solder has the potential to be as good as Smith. The Pats can afford the risk. Anyone who says the Pats can't draft are frankly out of their minds.
  19. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,213 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    Exactly.

And supposedly Coughlin wanted Solder bad.

YR
  20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    14-2 and they had good picks. Solder was once rated as a guy the Cowboys were looking for at 9. He moved back because he is a little more raw but the Pats do what they always do, reload with youth while their other guys are close to gone.