1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Ben & Skin: Drew Pearson

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Nov 21, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  2. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,819 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Don't have the ability to listen in here at work. Did he bag on Dez any this week?
  3. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's the opening salvo.

Drew said Dez looked like an 88 in the OT, but he doesn't know what happens to Dez before then.

Dez says that teams start rolling his way. Drew says so what.

Drew: "Get used to double coverage, Dez. If the QB has confidence, the coverage shouldn't dictate the throws."

Drew was impressed with Dez's catch in overtime. It's the hardest he's ever seen him work on a route.

It's a mystery why Dez disappears. They have to find a reason why he disappears.

A lot of it has to do with the confidence of the quarterback. Romo is taught to look elsewhere when he sees double coverage. However, Staubach threw to Pearson into double coverage. The reason the QB will do that because he's confidence. The flip side of that is the QB doesn't have confidence to throw to that reason into double coverage.
  4. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    No offense, but that has to be the dumbest thing I've read today. Good job, Drew. Pretty sure that's the essence of properly reading defenses, throw where the coverage isn't.
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,594 Messages
    3,338 Likes Received
    I'm reasonably certain Drew meant throw it into double coverage if they're open and you're confident you're going to make the play. Drew is definitely not stupid although I don't always get him.
  6. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,396 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I love Drew but man am I getting sick of hearing him lately.