1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ben Gardner Has Injury Setback

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by FuzzyLumpkins, Aug 7, 2014.

1. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,002 Messages
    1,696 Likes Received
  2. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

923 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    More good Injury news
  3. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

298 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    The clock is ticking on this guy.
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Benched

16,573 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Oh, for sure, just place him on the Johnson stack of chips...we now need a whole team of players on IR.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,475 Messages
    3,750 Likes Received
    Imagine this might be a guy that gets injured a lot.
    AmishCowboy, Zimmy Lives and Gaede like this.
  6. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,184 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    The new Matt Johnson.
  7. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,043 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    He's got time left to recover and assert himself. I believe he'll still get his opportunity despite the skepticism.
    Fletch and Seven like this.
  8. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,762 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Seems like he played in the majority of his college games up to the injury last year. Is he still recovering from his pec/shoulder problem from last year or is this something new?
  9. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,874 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    I was all for getting Gardner out of the draft but I am SOOOOOO tired of injured players on this team... He needs to be let go... along with Matt Johnson and Mo Claiborne. Players that are injured all the time just take up rosters spots that are just too valuable to waste on people who cant/won't contribute.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  10. cmoney23

cmoney23 Active Member

229 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    7th rounder vs 4th rounder
    So far has missed some time in one camp vs miss all the time in every camp! LOL

I'd hold off on the Matt Johnson comps for now.
  11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,697 Messages
    1,162 Likes Received
    If he's not back by preseason game 3, he will go on IR. Get all those college, and this TC healed over the next year. I think there are a few other players on the roster that can play as well as he can for now.
    We need to get these guys back in the next week or so, all the nagging injuries. Or this defense will be worse than last years. Only way they were going to improve was to stay healthy, as we all know this already.
  12. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,534 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Have high hopes for Gardner. Hopefully he's a full go by week 1
  13. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,728 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    This.

I have stated in the past that he comes across as a guy that gets dinged a lot and may not contribute much this year if at all. I still believe this.
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,971 Messages
    760 Likes Received
    So we're waiting on yet another D-Lineman with injury issues to get back in hopes that he can help replace all the injured people from last year.

What are we up to now? 4 D-Line who will have to return from injury? Geez.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,166 Messages
    1,138 Likes Received
    Guy has alligator arms, not sure how effective he'll be anyway.
  16. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,962 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    Every team has injured players, some of which go on to be major contributors and others who fizzle because they can never get past their injuries. It's not a good plan to cut players who get injured because you're SOOOOOO tired of injured players on this team because injuries are just part of a very physical game.

Now, there are some cases, like with Johnson, where his trouble with hamstrings appears to be chronic, which will likely lead to Dallas cutting the chord at the end of this camp. Claiborne started and played in 15 games his first year, though, and played in 10 last year, so it's not exactly like he's missing full seasons. The main thing with him is that he just needs to get better as a player, and the injuries hamper that process.
  17. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,782 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    I don't even think they IR him,he may make the PS.
  18. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

734 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    You guys won't be making Matt Johnson jokes when you witness Ben Gardner's legendary power and abilities.
    jobberone, unionjack8 and silver like this.
  19. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,728 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    Lol! I think Gardner can be a player but I don't think he will add much this season and is a prime candidate for IR.

As for Matt Johnson, he just needs to keep rehabbing, taking his vitamins, and saying his prayers. Maybe some day he will actually see regular season action. :rolleyes:
  20. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,449 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    Miles Austin had terrible hamstring problems here, but it seems that is has not had any problems in Cleveland so far. Newman always seemed to struggle with hamstring and groin injuries, but has not had those struggles since he moved to Cincy. Maybe our training methods should be further explored.
    jobberone and jazzcat22 like this.