1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bengals looking to trade down and take Dalton?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Apr 28, 2011.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,332 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    I've said it countless times

Trading up for Peterson is the most exciting scenario for us fans tonight..it is not in the best interest of this team come Sundays this fall..

Unless somehow someway we can nab one of the top 5 OTs by climbing back into rd 1 by using next years picks..but that is a hell of a price for 2 players..

Say 1+3 for Peterson
    And 2nd and 2nd (2012) for Carimi/Sherrod/Solder
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,953 Messages
    4,301 Likes Received
    I tell the whole OT issue really scares me.

Especially how they have not done a good job of getting a quality OL player in the 2nd rounds or lower with the exception of Free.

NOW, if they already have a play of OT in FA (and FA is in flux right now) that they are SURE they will get...in other words the ground work is kind of laid out already under the table.

That would be different.

Oh...man alive I am both excited, worried and ready for this thing to get going.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,953 Messages
    4,301 Likes Received
    If you take peterson and give up a 3rd...or the stop the breaks scenario of a 2nd round pick given up.

What ammo do you have to move back up into the first...Next years 1st and some more?
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That's kinda of what I was thinking. Will anyone really roll the dice on something like that?

Well other than the Redskins and Raiders?
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,785 Messages
    2,517 Likes Received
    I heard that about him. I guess the rumors are true then.
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,880 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    But youre talking about filling the two largest gaping holes(giggidy) in 1 draft w/ studs. And you can probably find a starting caliber guard in the 4th this year.

If you tried to sign a Patrick Peterson in FA it would cost you $100M. Youd be getting him for a 3rd

Youd be trading 40 for something like 25. Wouldnt be a killer to get one of the last of the top tier tackles.
  7. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,312 Messages
    912 Likes Received
    No way is PP worth a swap for our 1st and second. We do that we are cooked again.

I'm hoping Garrett will influence Jerry that we need meat and potatoes. Like BrainPaint said I have NO confidence that we can draft a 3rd round, out of shape OT, like Carpenter, etc. and make them into a player.
  8. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,334 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    I'm with you, Brain. There's no player in the draft I'd give up the second round to move up for. However, we could swap our #40 for something a little lower in round 2 if the team in question can position itself with another 2nd to swap.

I want to come out of the first two nights/rounds with at least two players, if not 3. I definitely don't see anyone worth coming out of the first two days with only one player.
  9. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,332 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    I'm all for moving up for PP if we got a tackle too...otherwise I am very worried about doing it