1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

bengals rb gone for the year

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jblaze2004, Oct 8, 2012.

1. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I bet he would do better than Murray has been doing
  2. GOLDENCHILD1688

GOLDENCHILD1688 Well-Known Member

4,545 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    yeah we purposely gave Murray the starting job and manufactured all those stories about how good he looked opposed to Felix who was out of shape during camp.

Everyone raved about how good Murray looked, even referred to him as a man amongst boys by one observer. Murray's main problem now is the run blocking nothing else. He is the superior back
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,127 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Of course, none of this means Felix is really the mega-scrub everyone is now convinced he is. But it is hard for him to counter these labels when he barely touches the ball.
  4. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why not ...everybody seems to be manufacturing stories about how bad felix is...After Murray went down he did better that Murray is doing now
  5. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,417 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    Green Bay just lost Benson for the year. All it takes is for one JJ, I mean owner to panic and overpay.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are your serious? Have you not payed attention to the offensive line at all?

Murray is a terrific player, but do you really expect him to block for himself?
  7. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    dude honestly, what would we get for Felix? Why would people want our garbage, regardless if a team lost their starting RB... Trades are hardly made in this league to begin with..
  8. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received

Come on, Murray is so so much better than Felix.. Its not an issue... WE cant run block at all... Its not on Murray at all
  9. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would not do it for anything less than a second rounder - otherwise he gives us better value as an emergency back - except nobody is going to give that up for Felix Jones. So that's what he is - our emergency back. I can live with that this season.
  10. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea, that is part of it. I have seen a good write-up on it by Adam before.
  11. AMERICAS_FAN

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anybody consider what happens if Murray goes down for the year with a freak injury?

Felix Jones is the RB insurance policy that Dallas has that no other tea does. I'll bet ARizina and Cincinnatti wished they had one.

In the last few weeks we have seen first hand what happens if you can't run the ball. If we get the OL fixed then having Murray and Felix Jones gives us an advantage no other team does.

Like I said, if I'm trading away Felix Jones its for nothing less than a second rounder. I don't care if that's too high to deal. It's what it's worth to me to give that insurance up.
  12. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received

lmao a 2nd rounder for Felix Jones? Are you kidding me???????? COme on people.. wake up...
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,129 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    Not speaking for someone else, but I believe that he means that he values Jones as a solid backup insurance policy and would only part with that insurance policy for second round pick value.

I don't think he believes that we would be offered a second round pick for him.
  14. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why is it on Felix then ...Did our Oline just start to suck all of the sudden
  15. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Felix had 1 carry for 13 yards with the same blocking...Under the same cicumstanses felix has alway outperformed Murray...The only thing that makes Murray better is his durabillity even that is starting to be questionable
  16. AMERICAS_FAN

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, and I said that too. Seems I was told to wake up by someone lulling himself in a dead sleep. Then again, these are message boards; we get all levels of reading comprehension here.