1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bennett 1 catch 2 yds

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Joshmil53, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    The false starts have been happening for a while now. I don't know if the spleen injury is all the problem, but there is something mentally wrong with his game lately.
  2. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,537 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    His stats didn't due him justice last night. He had a GREAT catch and run early in the game that was called back. He had another deep ball that was over-thrown. Dude's fast for a big man. That pick was ALL on Eli. The DB didn't clear out with Bennett and stayed home on the play. Eli should have never thrown that ball which wasn't intended for Bennett anyways, IMO.

NY was on a mission to run the ball and had Bennett blocking most of the night. I'm not defending anyone; just stating what I saw.
  3. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    After watching every game Bennett has ever played in the nfl, I've never seen him play as hard or show the desire to play football like he has in NY.

That tells me a lot. He put it on cruise control in Dallas and didn't care. Instead of challenging himself to be better than Witten, he decided to bide his time til it was time for him to jump ship. Only then did he show a desire and fire to compete. Now that's only been for a few games...... To be continued.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    I agree. Then again I hold no grudge on Bennett. He saw a chance to go to NY and start and took the oppertunity I think anyone in his shoes would have done the same thing. In Dallas he was the #2 and that was not going to change in NY he has his chance and based on what I have seen he has done a good job for them.
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received

You forgot that he is a mouthy locker room cancer. That is why he doesn't play for the Cowboys anymore. He is not the RKG. Sure, he has had some early success with the Giants, but as the going gets rough, he gets mouthy, lazy, and undependable. I had the misfortune of watching him for 4 years here.
  6. ufcrules1

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Great post and 100% accurate. Wait until the going gets rough there and he needs to catch the ball in a crucial situation.
  7. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,451 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    The only stats that matter are Wins and Losses.

I don't care how Dallas does it, just win.

There's more to the team than Jason Witten.
  8. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    He's got a big mouth and a child's brain--glad he's gone. Hope he grows up and has a nice career. BUT I STARTED HIM ON MY FANTASY TEAM AND HE SUCKED!
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Maybe he wouldn't have had that catch if it weren't for the penalty. :p: ;)
  10. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    If the games on the line, Bennetts a day late and a dollar short.:lmao2:
  11. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received

As much as Bennett asked for us to dislike him you can't lose site of the fact that Dallas never fed him.

You don't see other teams whiffing on in house talent like we do, which leads one to conclude that the Cowboys are terrible evluators.
  12. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    This is exactly why Dallas made the right decision. I don’t care how good of a season this moron has, the Giants will not make him an offer beyond his one year contract because he can’t shut up and not create a media stir.
  13. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Well said:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  14. ufcrules1

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    I agree that we wiff on in house talent but we could never count on him when we threw him the ball. He had countless dropped balls and it became known he sucked at catching and could only block.

Coughlin is a much better coach than what we have, so perhaps he can get Bennett to focus on football and catching the ball better. There have only been 4 games this year, so it is yet to be seen how he will produce over the whole season.
  15. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That, and the fact that he is a HEADCASE!
  16. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    I have him on Finley. Both stink.
  17. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Excerp from DC.com Mailbag:

KEVIN HUNT
    PAMPA, TX

Question: The Cowboys have had several instances over the years of letting underperforming players go, only to have them thrive with other teams. Is it perhaps a player evaluation problem leading to this? Martellus Bennett is the latest.

Answer - Josh: So let’s go over all these guys who have left and begun to thrive with other teams in recent years: Marty B. (so far), Stephen Bowen (who was pretty good as a Cowboy), Chris Canty (sort of). There it is, that’s the list. The player evaluation problem with Bennett was back in the 2008 draft, when they thought he would be a weapon as Jason Witten’s sidekick. He wasn’t, and the Cowboys should have zero regrets about him moving on four years later.

That about sums it up!
  18. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Good point's:bow:
  19. ANTHONYSCOTT

ANTHONYSCOTT Well-Known Member

1,226 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Did we forget that Witten is injured? I mean its only 3 - 4 games and already you guys wanna dump Witten. Marty B is who he is, TONS of talent but never on the same page all the time. Time will tell...
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    I agree with you. I think Witten will get it going. If there is anything I miss with Bennett is his blocking skills.