1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Best Cowboys writer--where is he?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, Jul 29, 2006.

1. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,189 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Zoners,

Where is Chad Peter? I always look forward to his reports which are always interesting and dead on the $$$$$$$.

Does he still work for Cowboys.com?:starspin

Thanks in advance.......
  2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

11,118 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    Chad graduated this summer, and is thus no longer an intern. That being said, we have one or two other zoners who are interning.

Parchy, aka, Will Parchman, has taken over Chad's role. He has already written a few articles.
  3. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,189 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Yes, and Parchy is doing a great job.....but, I meet Chad years ago and he is a great person. I just did not know if he still worked with the Cowboys.com.....hopefully I will see him again soon.

Thanks Crown Royal
  4. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,714 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    Mr. Vela is the best Cowboys writer. It isn't even close.

Rich........
  5. Crown Royal

11,118 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    Who exactly is Vela? Is he JAG that runs his own blog, or is he a writer for a publication?
  6. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,985 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Vela is JAG but he's the best, by far.
  7. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think I'll feel violated if I read an Eagles or Redskins article next year and see Chad Peters name below. :eek:

You gotta do what you gotta do to start the career, but I hope he ends up in neutral territory. ;)
  8. MONT17

MONT17 New Member

3,269 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I dont mind the TO BS... but they cant even keep it on the field... give me some info on TOs practice at least... I have seen 1 report on TO practice a TD catch from Romo... if thats all he did today Jerry should get some money back!!!

did he line up on goalline set? if so did he get a ball? did he line up in the slot? did he line up w Glenn on the same side with the 2 TEs forming a power set on the other? last year TO lined up in the backfield v. the Boys (most media people dont know that) but in the split backfield BILL loves so much, is TO a cannidate for some snaps out of the backfiled?

all we get is "BILL, what do u think TO thinks about what Bledsoe thinking?"

you really start to tell who went to Drama classl!!!
  9. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Dale's (Chad's) posts during camp were great because they were full of detail and noted observations, much more than his DC articles. He was giving the board the benefit of his notes made while watching practice. Almost like being there. Great stuff. I hope Parchy takes a look at some of them and can be as informative with his posts.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Driver of the Cowboys Bandwagon Zone Supporter

119,169 Messages
    3,295 Likes Received
    The Cowboys did not take any interns to Camp this year, so Parchy got screwed out of the opportunity.

Dale is still living in San Antonio and preparing to be a professional sports writer. There isn't a spot on DC.com or I am sure it would be his. Derek Eagleton who runs the site truly admires him.

Rafael Vela does his own blog and is a member here who doesn't post much or seek anything. Just a very good writer who is dialed in.
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

52,488 Messages
    6,185 Likes Received
    There should be an opening as I can think of at least one that could easily be replaced.
  12. Hostile

119,169 Messages
    3,295 Likes Received
    They should make a place for him. Or DMN or FWST should.
  13. CowboysFan02

CowboysFan02 Degree or Bust

810 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We should mass e-mail one of the sites calling for Chad Peters to take over as the Cowboys beat writer. :)
  14. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,712 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    Vela is an ok writer...the one thing he seems to have that most of the others lack is that he actually seems to like the Cowboys. Not always looking for an angle to tear them down.
  15. 2233boys

2233boys Benched

2,283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fire Spags... He blows

Problem solved...
  16. Crown Royal

11,118 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    Spags draws plenty of readers, regardless of anyone's opinion on his ability.

I think the world of Dale, but he'll probably have to start off in a small town joke of a city writing HS football and work his way up, same as everyone else.
  17. 2233boys

2233boys Benched

2,283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I question the intelligence of the people then that are drawn to Spags...;)
  18. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,712 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    I doubt that Spags draws ONE reader. DallasCowboys.com is the draw.
  19. Hostile

119,169 Messages
    3,295 Likes Received
    Spags is most read writer on that site by a wide margin and not just because he writes the most. Trust me, they know whose articles are getting hits. Spags isn't going anywhere as long as he wants to stick around. On top of that Dale and Parchy both speak of him with the highest regard and I take their opinions very seriously. They actually know the man, his detractors just don't like what he writes.
  20. Crown Royal

11,118 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    That was about the same thing I was going to say. Dale has a tremendous amount of respect for Mickey, and I trust his judgement.

I have no doubt Mickey is a draw to that site - he is the most recognizable writer there, he has a spot on the ticket, and he has plenty of response on his column. Regardless of what some think of him, he is widely read by Cowboys fans.