1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Best News JJT ever Posted

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Kilyin, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Considering the source, just hoping it's true and carries over into the regular season.
    Pottsville Maroons likes this.
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,917 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Why not break the huddle with 5-10 seconds to spare like last year lol..... This could be one of those lil things that makes a big big difference
  3. tommydo08

tommydo08 Member

77 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    That's exciting! I hope it translates to the season and will mean a very up-tempo offense.
  4. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Well-Known Member

669 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    That was too often an issue for the Cowboys last season, when Romo had to rush to avoid a delay-of-game penalty on a somewhat regular basis. The Cowboys believe the wristbands will “expedite that process,” head coach Jason Garrett said.

“Rather than calling a full play to somebody and another guy calling the play and the quarterback finally calls it in the huddle, when you use a wristband, that speeds up the process,” Garrett said. “I’ve used them in my career as a quarterback. I’m comfortable with that. Wade Wilson has as well, and certainly our quarterbacks have used them at different times.
    5Stars likes this.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,805 Messages
    5,957 Likes Received
    When I saw the thread title, I thought that JJT was retiring from the media. :)
  6. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    I wish...!!
  7. Heelsboy

Heelsboy Well-Known Member

321 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    We can only dream of the day.
  8. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,771 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    Well, speeding up the tempo should help some. Players still need to execute the plays without the physical/mental lapses and penalties, or the offense will still struggle.
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    I dunno.

I'm not sure what the team will do without the advantage of snapping the ball at the last second. That was an advantage, wasn't it?
  10. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,217 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    Yes it was. Tony could read the defense and they would have no time to adjust at the last second. Sure, it allowed the defense to basically know our snap count and play in the backfield... but it was totally worth it. It does put your offensive line at a disadvantage, but luckily for us, the OL is a team strength.
  11. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,705 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    There are a 1,000 folks on the Bleacher Report looking to replace JJT.

The known evil is better than the unknown. ;)
  12. 5Stars

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    lmao

Now, that is a good point!
  13. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,977 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    Why has taken so long for this to happen?
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Dallas didn't figure out New England was doing it until a week ago.
  15. 5Stars

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    I really think the reason for it this year is because of the terminology of the play calls. Instead of long drown out plays like x4-right-dig-under-27-zig out-zoom, it will probably be "throw the freaking ball to Witten"!

:D
    SMASHMOUTH9473 likes this.
  16. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,460 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    doesn't mean we snap it earlier....
  17. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,705 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    LOL!

That's it exactly.

We've read a couple articles in the offseason on the change in terminology... no wonder it took so long in the huddle. My gosh it takes 14 seconds for one person to say the play.

The other problem I can see is when you use terminology that complicated, i.e. so many words, it only takes one Ogle... er... one doofus to not get one of those words and botch the play.
  18. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,687 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    We should have been doing this for a long time.
  19. 5Stars

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    Or, it could mean that they do snap it earlier. The faster you can get the snap off, the more plays you might get in a game.

I read that the Pats have something like 5 or 6 more possessions a game on average than most other teams. More possessions mean more opportunities.
  20. BigDinAZ

BigDinAZ Active Member

1,401 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This was definitely a problem last year. I loved when we were operating in a no huddle offense. If we can speed it up, it's keeps the defense guessing. LOVE IT!!!!
    5Stars likes this.