1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Best Thanksgiving Game Memory

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by PSchuster, Nov 14, 2012.

1. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Lot's of great ones. I'd go with 1974 vs Washington.

Hopefully, after this year, the answer will be 2012!!
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I love that game because some of the guys I worked with at the time were trash talking big time about how we'd get destroyed. When I walked in Monday morning they just said I don't want to hear it. I laughed and walked away. :laugh1:
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,791 Likes Received
    funny in the 1st half of the game Garrett was struggling with out routs he just did not have the arm to throw the outs then he started hanging the ball high and deep letting Irvin and Harper make plays down field. To go into a game with Troy down and Rodney Pete down and have Garrett come in and win the game vs a very good GB team was pretty impressive stuff.
  4. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,941 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Cosigned...
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    Favorite Thanksgiving memory?

Dallas plays every Thanksgiving, .... I am thankful for that.

I remember all of the games mentioned, good stuff.
  6. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,006 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    My all time favorite Thanksgiving day game was when we played the Chiefs and Irvin caught that TD one handed and Dale Carter got ejected and Deion and and the team and the fans stood up waving good bye to Carter and singing hey hey hey goooood-bye!!!!! I was 14! Man the memories I had! My parents flew us out there from CA and we made a decision to move to Valley Ranch and my parents purchased a lot on Cowboys Parkway had our house Built on 200 Meredith Ct and Cowboys Parkway. Lived there for a few years until my father was almost killed in a car crash and then moved back to CA. But that game for me sprung the future of my family moving to Texas for a football team.
  7. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    +1 What a play and what a game.

[IMG]
  8. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,366 Messages
    756 Likes Received
    Landry Jones will be a better NFL QB than Tony Romo? I thought you said you were a Cowboys fan? Why would you wish such ill will on the team then?

Watch the Cleveland clip again. This is what Romo is when he has a clean pocket -- aggressive, accurate, dominant. Now go watch the OU-Notre Dame game. This is what Jones is with even a hint of a pass rush -- hesitant, inaccurate, non-productive.
  9. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

965 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    That's the one for me.
  10. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,006 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    Nice turn a cool thread into a pissing match have fun with that!
  11. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,109 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    1974, I don't even have to think twice about it.
  12. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    Best memory, any they won, least, any game they lost.

I remember 2005 against Broncos, my mom was over looking after my son so I could watch the game in peace. She then took him and my dog for a walk as overtime started. She came back, saw my face and knew we had lost.

Another least fav was 2001 when Campo thought that team would have an easier chance to score three times in the fourth than two eight point TDs so he kicked extra points. We of course lost by two.

2003 was a bad game, but I will always remember it as my wife was induced that day and CCFjr was born at 1:23am the next morning. The loss seemed insignificant.
  13. EGTuna

EGTuna Active Member

380 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    1. Beating the Chiefs 24-12 in 1995. Great game. Great day. Great season.
    2. Beating the Skins in 1990 27-17. Whoa. This Emmit Smith guy is GOOD.
    3. Beating Seattle in 1980 51-7. As a kid we went to my grandparents' house in Sunrise, FLA every thanksgiving, and this game encapsulates those memories as well as anything.
    4. Beating Oaktown 24-7 in 2009. Perhaps the last time I felt truly confident that the Cowboys would win. But the perfect thanksgiving day game; dominance from start to finish; nice and relaxing.
    5. 1992. 30-3 win over NYG. Slow game until Aikman and Emmit took over in the 2nd half. Just a relaxing, enjoyable domination, which is what it should be.

Worst 5 because why not.
    1993. 16-14 loss to Miami in the Leon Lett game. My brother smashed the remote against the wall. My technically challenged dad managed to put it back together. Shocked the world that day he did.
    2001. 26-24 loss to Denver that the above poster mentioned where Campo inexplicably didn't go for two 2x (and we lost be two).
    1997. 27-14 loss to Tennessee Oilers where Dallas out-gained Tennessee by like 2-1, but had 5 turnovers. I knew after that game that the season was kaput.
    1986. 31-14 loss to Seattle, which like in 1997 marked the point where I knew the season was done. Plus my dad being a huge Seahawks fan didn't help.
    2005. Denver loss where Ron Dayne went nuts in OT with a 50+ yarder. Seriously. Ron Dayne. Ugh.
  14. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree with the majority on the 74 Redskins comeback win being the best. It was at a time when both teams were good and the rivalry was at it's peak.
  15. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanksgiving 98 with Randy Moss crapping all over the team. It was one of the first Cowboys disappointments I can remember. Set the stage for what being a Cowboys fan has been like for most of my life.
  16. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,651 Messages
    517 Likes Received
    Good or bad, the Randy Moss "show" sticks out more than any other Thanksgiving game.
  17. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,171 Messages
    2,344 Likes Received
    Every single one of them.

The Cowboys and Thanksgiving are synonymous.
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,791 Likes Received
    True, Det game is for eating and taking a short nap before the Cowboys game. :laugh2:
  19. cowboys2233

4,366 Messages
    756 Likes Received
    Have to say the Leon Lett game, but only in hindsight. A terrrible down-up-down range of emotion, but the season got so much better after that. :laugh2:
  20. cowboys2233

4,366 Messages
    756 Likes Received
    Man, you didn't even get to enjoy the early and mid-nineties Cowboys? How the heck are you a Cowboys fan? Cause this stuff is brutal to watch. Just brutal. :laugh2: