1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Betts performance

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by diamond cutter, Dec 10, 2006.

1. diamond cutter

diamond cutter Member

167 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Anybody see Ladell Betts' numbers today?

33 attempts, 171 yards rushing, 5.2 ypc, and 14 yards receiving.

This is his 3rd strate 100 + yard game with a rookie running back. I'm not a Redskins fan by anymeans, but there were a lot of people taking shots at them resigning him. I wouldn't want him over JJ or MB3, but I don't think he is as bad as others think.
  2. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think you make fun of the team for re-signing him when they're already paying Portis to be one of the highest paid backs in the league.

What would be better Betts and Portis, or Betts and Champ Bailey?
  3. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I've always been impressed with Betts - very physical downhill runner with decent vision and a little bit of speed. Very good to lock him up given how brittle Portis is.
  4. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,933 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Agreed.

Cowboys fans should understand, especially given Julius' injury problems in the past.

Betts is a homegrown, mid-round pick for them. It's about time they lock one of those down
  5. thescarface1989

thescarface1989 New Member

430 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nice sig pic, Dale:bow:
    [IMG]
  6. cowboy4eva

cowboy4eva New Member

353 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2.2 million a year for a good back up RB is the market value if not cheaper in today' NFL. Anyone who criticized the move, just doesn't get it. If any fans should get it, it should be us because BP has been preaching for years you need 2 RB's in the NFL.
  7. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Where are those posters who were laughing about his extension? Hmmm.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    uh-oh, seems bbgun caught some posters hating on his team

he seeks retribution

give it to him
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    23 + 14,273 = loser.
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    it's called totaling your car

and 3,746 posing as a Cowboy fan = sociopath
  11. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,589 Likes Received
    Betts is actually a 2nd rounder.
  12. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,347 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    The shots at re-signing Betts were due to the amount of $$$ he's going to get to be a backup. I think it's indicative of the Skins problem. Dallas went a route were they are doing very well with the combo of Julius and Barber by drafting both guys. The Skins have done well with getting Portis and drafting Betts. But now Portis and Betts are far more expensive than Julius and Barber. Not to mention that the Skins had to give up Bailey and a 2nd round pick for Portis. From a financial standpoint, the Skins will have a lot of money locked up into 2 RB's when there's plenty of other teams that can get good RB production like Dallas and pay a lot less for it.

If the Skins would have never had traded for Portis, they could still have Bailey, possibly get something out of their 2nd round pick they would've kept and could've re-signed Betts to the same extension for him to be the starter. I think the Skins would be wise to try and trade Portis. He's still a great RB, but with their issues they could use him to get some more players and picks and ease their salary cap situation.

YAKUZA
  13. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Just because he more than earned his paycheck today does not mean that the Skins didn't overpay for him.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,806 Messages
    1,673 Likes Received
    OVer spent for someone that will be only a part time player when portis returns.
  15. skinsngibbs4life

skinsngibbs4life Active Member

1,382 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    a lot of people are speculating that portis might not be back with us next year. Since I didn't read any into the situation, I dont know how much validity this has, but, it is interesting none the less