1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Biden taps Granholm as Palin stand-in for debate

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 10, 2008.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,640 Messages
    6,345 Likes Received
    By KATHY BARKS HOFFMAN, Associated Press Writer
    Wed Sep 10, 11:20 AM ET

LANSING, Mich. - Democrat Joe Biden has tapped Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm to be the stand-in for Sarah Palin as he prepares for next month's vice presidential debate.

Biden predicted that Palin would try to make their debate personal and said he wouldn't respond in kind if she attacked him.

"She's going to try to make it as personal as she can. She's going to take a lot of straight lefts and jabs at me, she's going to try to get me to respond, she's going to try to get me to respond in a personal way," Biden said at a fundraiser Tuesday night in Chicago. "That's not my style. I'm not going to do it."

Biden said Granholm had agreed to spend four days with him to help prepare for the Oct. 2 debate in St. Louis. The Obama-Biden campaign asked for her assistance, and she was pleased to accept, Granholm spokesman Liz Boyd said Wednesday.

Granholm, 49, graduated from the University of California-Berkeley and Harvard Law School. She is married with three children.

Granholm's superior performance in some of her 2006 debates against Republican opponent Dick DeVos, a businessman whose father co-founded Amway Corp., was credited with helping her win re-election despite the state's struggling economic performance.

According to the pool report from Tuesday's events, Biden said he'll be concentrating on national issues when he debates Palin.

"I'm not into the small-bore stuff. I don't care whether or not she built a bridge to nowhere. I don't care if she sold a plane," he said.

"What I care about is what in God's name is she going to do — along with John McCain — about the thousands of people who don't have health care," those struggling with other economic problems, and the foreign policy challenges facing the country, Biden said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080910/ap_on_el_pr/biden_granholm;_ylt=AkzMz8e_gXOgb1JwB9ZLYndsnwcF
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,012 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    Wow ..... he sure seems to be scared of the "little girl" he says has no experience.

This guy was running for President when she was in college ..... and he is having to "crash course" to prepare for her.

:lmao2:
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,898 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    He's in a no-win situation...

He is naturally condescending and if he is in any way condescending with Palin it will reflect badly...

I don't think he can help himself...
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,494 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    there is something wrong with the title of the thread
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,640 Messages
    6,345 Likes Received
    Eh, preparation is never a bad thing. I'm sure Palin is receiving the same type of preparation in addition to her prep work for her upcoming interview.

Still might not work for him, but it certainly can't hurt.
  6. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Have you ever followed an election prior to this one? Every candidate does debate prep using stand-ins for simulated debates. Is he supposed to buck the trend and be the only one to walk in unprepared just because Palin is younger than him?
  7. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,566 Messages
    952 Likes Received

I dont believe she will go personal. We not direct hits. His record is "personal" in a sense... ITS HIS record.

But... I think she will just nail him on cold hard facts. She will know ALL of her facts for herself.

This should be very interesting.

Its funny... the Dems are acting like she started this.... :laugh2:
  8. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She's gonna tear him a new one.
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,576 Messages
    512 Likes Received

Yeah... sure it isn't.