1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Big 12 inks 13 year media deal

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Aikbach, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,658 Messages
    29 Likes Received
  2. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,494 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    but does the pac 12 figure include their conference channel?
  3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    It is the biggest deal in all reality because it doesn't include 3rd tier rights.

But the SEC deal will eclipse it easily.

The Big 12 is the 2nd richest conference in football in reality.
  4. MC KAos

7,494 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    thats exactly what i thought, but will the average SEC school end up making as much a UT? wont the longhorn network keep UT as the richest school in terms of TV money for the foreseeable future?
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    yes it will. ut makes the most money by far. but SEC schools will litter the top 10 list for sure.

for all the talk of equality the big 10 has huge cash differences as well. osu makes about 3 times what they make at purdue or northwestern.

the big 12 keeping tier 3 rights was very, very smart. they are valuable and that value will only grow. they could also be packaged and sold at some point a few years later as prices continue to rise. forbes estimates them at an avg of 8 mil per team.
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,571 Messages
    931 Likes Received
    Whew! ... WVU got in just in time.

:D
  7. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    wvu is an awesome fit here. awesome and aggressive offensive team. quite fun to watch and could win the title year 1.

if they don't win it is probably because of familiarity issues. i do believe they have the most talent. the entire offensive skill starters are nfl bound.
  8. MC KAos

7,494 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    i wonder if we added 2 teams to the conference if its renegotiable or if its just going to be a smaller piece of the pie per team.