1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Big Ben injured

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dfense, Nov 12, 2012.

1. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,667 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    KC is a 1-7 team.... Pitts didn't have to force too much. KC shot themselves in the foot way too many times. The int for a TD called back on a penalty and the TD celebration in the endzone that cost 15 more yards.

They were extremely lucky last night!
  2. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Right up there with corningware vs a brick wall
  3. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,406 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Vick? The glass doll. Nice to look at but you can't touch.
  4. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,804 Messages
    796 Likes Received
    Yeah it's real difficult stopping that vaunted KC offense.:rolleyes:
  5. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Separated Shoulder sources say.
  6. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,695 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8626611/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-a-source-says

The injury Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered to his throwing shoulder Monday night could be pretty significant, one that could take a while to heal, a source close to the team said.

Roethlisberger is "extremely sore" Tuesday morning and "hurting pretty bad," the source said. After getting an MRI Monday night, he went for another MRI Tuesday.

Tomlin then characterized Roethlisberger's injury as a shoulder sprain at his news conference Tuesday.

"Obviously, his injury puts his participation in the questionable category," Tomlin said.

A Steelers source told ESPN that the team's staff was told, "proceed with (backup quarterback Byron (Leftwich). It doesn't look like you're going to have Ben this week. We're looking at next week as a possibility as of right now."

It seemed highly unusual and perhaps an indication of the seriousness of the injury that Roethlisberger went from the stadium to the hospital for an MRI on his right shoulder so late Monday night and remained there past midnight.

A source who was with Roethlisberger on Monday night told ESPN that doctors informed the quarterback they wanted further evaluations and that a complete diagnosis wouldn't be available until later Tuesday.

The Steelers have a short week to prepare for the archrival Baltimore Ravens, their opponents in two of the next three weeks and the AFC North leaders.

The Steelers have two veteran backup quarterbacks in Leftwich and Charlie Batch -- neither of whom has played much recently because of their own injuries and because Roethlisberger has been so durable.

When asked Tuesday how the playbook would change if Leftwich has to start, Tomlin said, "I don't know that it does."

Roethlisberger was sacked by the Chiefs' Justin Houston to end Pittsburgh's first possession of the second half. Roethlisberger finished 9-of-18 for 84 yards and a touchdown for the Steelers, who won their fourth straight game by beating Kansas City 16-13 in overtime to improve to 6-3.

Roethlisberger has been largely injury-free this season in offensive coordinator Todd Haley's system, which requires him to get rid of the ball quickly. Kansas City's secondary, however, shut down Pittsburgh's receivers, and Roethlisberger took a series of hits on a wet night at Heinz Field.

Leftwich replaced Roethlisberger and finished 7-of-14 for 73 yards in the victory. Leftwich managed to lead the Steelers on one scoring drive early in the fourth that gave them a 13-10 lead.

ESPN's Josina Anderson and ESPN AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley contributed to this report. Information from The Associated Press also was used.
  7. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Lol no he's not. And its not even close.
  8. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,070 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    The stealers faked his injury so they didnt look stupid against one of the worst teams! The cowboys shouldve faked an injury to romo and orton so they could have got out of seatlle with at least some shred of dignity left...
  9. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,994 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    I put Cutler and Vick in the same category of toughness.
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Vick absolutely is. You don't take some of the brutal hits he's taken and not be one tough football player. I know people don't like people Vick because of the dog fighting scandal and because he's Philadelphia Eagle, but c'mon at least give the man some credit. He's as tough as they come.
  11. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,652 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    That call pissed me off. doesn't seem right to penalize a team on a play that was ruled to have never happened

every time it looked like KC caught a break, Pitt caught a convenient penalty or a dropped ball, dont know what it looked like on TV but it was maddening to listen to on the radio
  12. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Ur complely dillusional. Hes soft. Thats why he is hurt all the time.
  13. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,667 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same thing. The first penalty should have nullified the celebration penalty..... at least I thought so!

I watched the entire game and the game was there for KC to take. BUT they couldn't get out of their own way. Dropped passes at critical times and penalties galore. They could have won that game!
  14. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every time Pig Pen gets hurt, a 20-something college girl smiles.
  15. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,674 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    What? The man has only played like 1 full season in his entire career. He gets injured every single year. His missed a game last season with a bruised thumb on his non throwing hand.

Get out of here already.
  16. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Of course Vick gets injured. That's what happens when you're constantly getting hit. Doesn't mean he's not tough. All it means is he needs better and more consistent pass protection.
  17. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    While Romo played with a punctured lung and broken ribs.
  18. Tezz

Tezz Active Member

378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Still a long way until the Steelers face the Cowboys to start speculating..... Still undergoing more tests but, supposedly back next week

https://twitter.com/realfreemancbs/status/268402501374599168

In terms of toughness I pick Phillip Rivers for playing a playoff game with a torn ACL!! Might not like Vick but he is a Drew Brees-like small QB that played fearlessly running into the heart of defenses getting hit really hard at times
  19. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,996 Messages
    1,293 Likes Received
    Oh, I know, I know, KC is no offensive machine.

But forcing two FG attempts, and four 3 and outs in a row, after your QB goes down, .. against any NFL offense is pretty impressive.

And then, after losing the coin-flip in OT, the defense turned the KC offense over to set up the game-winning FG.

My point being, that defense stepped up knowing their offense was impacted by Roth-burger going down. The defense won the game.

Bad as I hate to say it, and I'd never admit it to my stealers friends, but they are a solid football team.
  20. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,667 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Pitts didn't force all of those three and outs....... There were MANY dropped balls by the receivers forcing KC to punt. And for whatever reason KC's Offensive coordinator called what seemed like the same running play over and over! We'll see how good they are this week when playing a pretty good offense. KC is trash!