1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Biggem's no trade mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Biggems, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    1 - OG Jonathan Cooper - UNC
    2 - WR Quinton Patton - La Tech
    3 - C Khaled Holmes - USC
    4 - DT Brandon Williams - MSSU
    5 - CB Darius Slay - Miss St.
    6 - OT Terron Armstead - Ark-PB
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,804 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Only pick i like is Brandon Williams

Chance should be avail @18.

Patton Holmes would be picks that would get fans mad. Patton wouldnt start over harris if Austin is released and holmes wouldnt sniff the field period. Costa, Bernadeau, and Kowalski are better.
  3. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

714 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    Patton seemed slow and spindly to me when I watched him. You never know when these guys are hurt though.

But I agree WR may be in the mix earlier than most believe. Like picking Murray, Carter, and Claiborne when the fans and media felt we already had solutions at RB, ILB, and CB. We have Miles but he's looking like a future cut -- if not 2013, definitely 2014. I know Harris has emerged some but the slot WR position would seem to be his future.

The Cowboys put in a 3rd rounder on Josh Morgan in last year's supplemental draft. I could see Robert Woods or Terrence Williams being a consideration early and throwing fans into a rage.

:lmao:
  4. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,366 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I think the Fans would live with it if we signed a OL and DL lineman in FA first.
  5. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received

seriously? I drafted a G and C ready to start day 1. I got a backup T, who could push Free and Parnell at RT.

as for DL, Williams should definitely give us what we need at NT or DT, if we move back to 4-3.

But I do agree, it would be nice to get another DL or 2 via FA. However, the one FA I want the most is S Jairus Byrd.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,087 Messages
    5,407 Likes Received
    I love it!

If you get all those linemen, then I'm OK with a WR in the 2nd; although there might be some safeties in the 2nd that would be hard to pass up.
  7. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received

yes I know, but I am banking on us keeping Sensy and signing Byrd....Church coming back, Johnson being healthy, and even possibly keeping Frampton.

I just feel that Quinton Patton is a special player on and off the field, and in the locker room. He is the kind of player Dallas needs. He may not be a blazer, but he does a great job of getting open, catching the ball, getting some YAC, and finding the end zone. Irvin, Carter, Rice, Monk, Largent, Lofton, etc.....all had great careers and didn't really have speed to burn. There are so many burners who flame out from the get go or have a year or two of good play before falling off the face of the Earth. Give me a guy with average speed.....but has a high football IQ, a very good route runner, knows how to get open, is elusive with the ball, and can find the end zone with great regularity.....and I can definitely overlook his lack of elite speed.

The two players I want most in this draft are Patton and Williams. That is why you consistently see them in my mocks.

Some other players that are favorites of mine are OG Jonathan Cooper, G/T Dallas Thomas, OT Terron Armstead, RB Stepfon Taylor, RB Kenjon Barner, TE Josh Doyle, WR Cobi Hamilton, OLB Quanterus Smith, OLB Dion Jordan, OT Kyle Long.....and of course; Okafor, Jeffcoat, Vacarro, Byndum (if he declares), and Goodwin.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,566 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    I do think they take a skill guy round 2, but it wont be Patton.
  9. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received

probably not.....but a Biggems can hope
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,804 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Zach Dysert in round 2
  11. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,018 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    Not one guy who can rush the passer?

Expect a lot of 37-34 losses if that's the case.
  12. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,804 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Last time i check the posistion that rushes the passer in a 3-4 is good with Ware, Carter, Lee and possibly Spencer.But i agree a DE needs to be broguht in. And Hatcher does get a good amount of pressure too
  13. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,983 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    I sure hope not. I like Dysert but not in the 2nd round. Not even in the 3rd. If he's there in the 4th then yea, maybe but if we take him in the 2nd then we're reaching big time. If Bray is there in the 2nd, then that's another story.
  14. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,018 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    Ware has chronic neck/shoulder problems. Who knows what happens with Spencer.

I do think the dline needs more help in general though. It's a below average unit with only two guys under thirty worth talking about it.