1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Biggest let down so far?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Aug 23, 2013.

1. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    The current safeties make me long for Sensy. That's how disappointed I am in the safety play.
  2. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,956 Messages
    1,519 Likes Received
    1. Crawford - I was really looking forward to seeing him play a lot
    2. NOT drafting another OL
    3. Johnson/Coale - reasons stated by all, but once pet cats, now potentially lost causes
    4. Not seeing more of the 12 package
  3. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,196 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    The fact our braintrust cant find two quality guards.
    Teague31 likes this.
  4. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,865 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    Special teams has to be up there as well.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    preach. [IMG]

We've got too many fans on this site that bury their head in the sand when it comes to this oline. Having Doug Free tryout at guard and begging two retired linemen to come back and play 2 weeks before the seasons starting is NOT normal. It's pathetic and a testament to how mismanaged this franchise is run.
  6. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,385 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    The disaster that is our guard play. Our whole season may very well rest with an undrafted free agent who has never started a game in the NFL. Un freaking real.
  7. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    He hasn't.
  8. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,106 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Bingo. I also thought he would make people eat their words, instead he has validated all the naysayers.
    Guy is made of glass.....time to move on.
  9. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,106 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Were you one of the guys clamoring for Waters and Moore....you know those two undrafted free agents? Leary is going to be a player, you can book it. The other side is where they might have issues, but let's not throw in the towel so quickly. Frederick is going to make a significant difference inside and Free appears to be regaining his ability. The oline is going to be much improved by mid-season barring injuries.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,074 Messages
    1,935 Likes Received
    This....
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    People keep bringing up the safties like they've been getting gobbled up all preseason or something. I'm pleasantly surprised by the safety play. Who the heck could long for Sensy? The guy is retired. Go throw some money at him and he could be starting for the Cowboys tomorrow, it's not like he's playing somewhere else.

As far as the OP, I'm disappointed we didn't do more with the OL but I am expecting some stunning play from our corners, and so far I can't remember Carr's name being mentioned more than once and Claiborne hasn't done much of anything. It doesn't help that the D we're playing now doesn't require the kind of investments we've made at the position either.
  12. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,885 Messages
    4,455 Likes Received
    Crawford so far. Well all the injuries esp Crawford and along the OL. Haven't seen enough yet to have a lot of specific worries. Tonight's dress rehearsal will tell us something although I"m not sure we'll see the definitive starting OL tonight.
  13. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    fans jumping to conclusions--we'll have some idea after the Bengals game but really won't know until about week 8 of the reg season
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,581 Messages
    5,498 Likes Received
    My eyes!!! They may never be the same.
  15. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,840 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received
    We had 3 major needs in the off season including OL, DL and safety

We ignored one (DL ), picked projects at one (safety) and spent 1 pick on the other area where we needed 2-3 new starting caliber players (OL )

I guess my biggest disappointment is the lack of a cogent plan from our brain trust to address the needs of the team in a rational manner
  16. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,620 Messages
    5,780 Likes Received
    Rowdy Avatars.
    [IMG]
    5Stars likes this.
  17. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,070 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    I well definitely second that!
    5Stars likes this.
  18. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    I never saw what people saw in Church. Then last year in preseason I thought "Wow, Ok, maybe this guy does have it" Here's to hoping that he's the kind of guy that just shows up on gameday
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,858 Messages
    7,581 Likes Received
    What? I love the Rowdy avatars. Nothing like reading a stream of Jerry-OL-Romo-Garrett bashing from a guy wearing a Rowdy mask. Cracks me up every time.

If I had my way, they'd all be Larry Lacewell masks.

[IMG]
    5Stars likes this.
  20. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,678 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    I would like to see more of the starters before judging. All we've seen so far is a lot of backups.