1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bigtommy Mock 4.0 and offseason hopes

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bigtommyb, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    First release Barber and Columbo, Let Kosier,Spears leave for F/A. Sign Bowen, Hatcher,Sensabaugh and Free or Franchise him, Sign Erick Weddle- SD
    Trade down swap picks with San Diego Chargers and take there 18th and 50th pick:

(RD-1) - 18 - Anthony Castonzo - OT - Boston College - 6'7 310lbs
    (RD-2) - 40 - Stefen Wisniewski - C/G - Penn State - 6'3 1/8 306
    - 50 - Quinton Carter - S- Oklahoma- 6'0 5/8 211lbs
    (RD-3) - 71 - Kenrick Ellis - DT/DE - Hampton - 6'4 3/4 335
    (RD-4) - 109-Nate Irving - Ilb - North Carolina St - 6'1 1/4 242
    (RD-5) - 140 - Marcus Gilchrist - CB - Clemson - 5'10 195
    (RD-6) - 171 - Anthony Allen - FB - Georgia Tech - 6'0 235
    (RD-7) - 220 - Greg McElroy - QB - Alabama - 6'1 3/4 225
    (RD-7) - 252 - Chykie Brown - CB - Texas - 5'11 185

OUR LINE: FREE,WISNIEWSKI,GURODE,DAVIS,CASTONZO
    BACKUP: HOLLAND,YOUNG,COSTA
    Have Wisniewski at guard then move him over when Gurode is deemed finished.
    Irving adds little depth poss future starter. Bradie 's getting older and with the debacle of lbs we drafted two years ago, this cleans that up. Also with Lee we address needs before Bradie is finished like Brooking? Start Bowen, have Hatcher,Ellis backup.Keep Ratliff at Nt with Brent backup, unless kid shows vast improvement in camp. If so, move Rat back to DE start kid and have Ellis at DE or DT. I 've heard Ellis is athletic enough at that size to play DE. Cb's you have three that's set with Gilchrist and McCann battle for fourth. Saftey you have MCcray, Carter Backup Weddle and Sensabaugh.
    With Carter taking over for one of them eventually possibly Sensa if he leaves as F/A.

PS: UNLESS PATRICK PETERSON IS THERE THEN GRAB HIM AND GET YOUR OL IN THE SECOND ROUND.
  2. fishspill

fishspill Well-Known Member

1,120 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Some good thoughts and logically defended. I like a lot of what's there (Bowen, Free, Weddle, Ellis) and dislike other things (Wiz, Carter, Castonzo). It's nice to see variety. And you've got most guys slotted where I see them going.
  3. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received

Thanks, I feel as we do our mocks i think its just as important what positions were picking because everybody likes who they like. For Example with Constanzo/Wiz could be asily be Smith/Carimi and Carter / Rahim Moore.

However, i'm not sold on Tyron Smith. He reminds me of the guy RAIDERS PICKED FROM MARYLAND? Forgot his name. We have to address this OL Definetly.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,538 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    I hate these two picks
    give me Harris and Rackely or Cannon in the 2nd over these two.

(RD-2) - 40 - Stefen Wisniewski - C/G - Penn State - 6'3 1/8 306
    - 50 - Quinton Carter - S- Oklahoma- 6'0 5/8 211lbs
  5. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I couls see Carter, Why you hate Wisniewski so much he's not that bad and can play G/C?
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,538 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Wisniewski is awful, I rank him as a 5th-7th round player. I watched him in 5 games this year. In two he played average to well, that was vs Michigan St. and Ohio. Then he played bad and showed his weakness vs Iowa. The other two he was owned and beat down by Florida and Alabama. Florida and Bama threw him around like a rag doll. The guy can't handle power and gets pushed back easy. I don't care for any centers in this draft. I can get a good center in next years draft. 3 good centers are set to come out next year.

Carter is a little stiff but I think can be a good SS. I like him just not in the 2nd round. I think Moore and Aaron Williams are the only safties that will go or shold go in the 2nd.
  7. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I only saw Wiz about twice and he didn't look as awful as you said. I'm going to try to take some more looks at him. As for Carter, I agree Moore and Williams will go and i think before 50. So i'd still snatch up Carter. Moore possibly be there at 50. Williams wont. I'll check on Wisniewski little better. Thanks