1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bill Jones: Cowboys working out a QB > @GJKinne

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 5, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Bill Jones‏@cbsdollarbillReply
    Retweet

Cowboys working out a QB > “@GJKinne: Excited about this workout tomorrow with the Cowboys”
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,421 Messages
    3,747 Likes Received
    03/13/2012 - Former University of Tulsa quarterback G.J. Kinne took advantage of his one chance to impress NFL scouts. After not being invited to last month's combine, Kinne worked out in front of representatives from 17 teams Monday at TU's Pro Day. "It was one of the most special days of my life," he said. "I came out here and really competed and put up some great numbers, and I think I answered a lot of the questions about me." Arm strength was a major concern regarding Kinne, 6-foot-1, 223 pounds.

A three-year starter, he ranks second in school history for career offensive yards and touchdown passes and third in all-time passing yardage. He was named the 2010 Conference USA Offensive Player of the Year. "I could have made a little better throws, but it was pretty windy out here and I (overthrew) a couple guys," Kinne said. "At least I didn't under-throw them." In the 40-yard dash, Kinne's best time was 4.59 seconds.

In the short shuttle, he slipped both times but still finished in 4.39. "I knew I was quick, but I just wanted to come out here and run a pretty good 40," he said. "I did that today. I had never run that well before until today. I was very excited about that."

Since ending his career with a loss to BYU in the Armed Forces Bowl and then being named MVP of the inaugural NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, Kinne has been preparing for his audition. Among his top priorities were improving on taking snaps under center, moving in the pocket and displaying accuracy.

Kinne said the scouts seemed impressed with how he performed Monday. "They said they're all going to go back and really fight for me to get drafted, so I hope that happens," he said. - Kelly Hines, Tulsa World
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I stopped after I read, "I could have made a little better throws, but it was pretty windy out here and I (overthrew) a couple guys," Kinne said. "At least I didn't under-throw them."

You're ****ing kidding me right? Hate him already. That's the worst excuse I've ever heard.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,858 Messages
    7,581 Likes Received
    Well, at least you gave him a fair shot.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    If thats the worst thing that ever happens to him than hes had a pretty good life.
  6. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Whats with the hate crap? Jeez, just say your not impressed, or you'd pass on him. SMH.
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obviously, you've never experienced spring winds in Texas... it can get right ugly...

I used to joke that I played golf in El Paso when I had to walk to the golf course, because it was waaaay too windy to put your car on the road... let's just say I had a pretty well-developed knockdown game when I quit school to go to work as an assistant pro (I was spending more time on the golf course than in class anyway)...

I can imagine that kind of wind would make throwing a football pretty difficult...
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    He wouldn't be a bad developmental guy.
  10. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I'm sure it can then from what you said. I was pretty quick to judge. It sounds like he has that "aww shucks" personality which can be deceiving. He could be the next Peyton Manning for all I know.
  11. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mind you, I'm from west Texas, where it's the worst (you haven't lived until you've seen a dust storm coming up on you in March)... but this time of the year, just about any part of the state is liable to experience days where you have sustained winds of 25-30 MPH with gusts up to 50-60 MPH...

You better have a little extra oomph on the ball if you're trying to throw into the teeth of that kind of wind, but it may be worse trying to throw deep with the wind... the ball will just sail on you...

You see some of that in the autumn in the Big XII, games where wind is definitely one of the biggest factors in the game, but like I said, spring is the worst...