1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bills' Byrd reportedly wants trade

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wolf2k5, Sep 5, 2013.

1. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

985 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    we can trade a well rested Matt Johnson for him.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

36,491 Messages
    2,817 Likes Received
    I should get a clue? I've heard the same kinds of things for the past several years on the Safety position and who we have or have drafted. Yeah, I should get a clue. Good one.

And the contract that you are referring to is basically a 3.8 Million dollar deal or a 1 yr deal. Signing bonus on that contract was 2.5 Million and base salary for 2013 is 800K. He's coming off a season ending achillies tendon injury. He's only ever started 4 games in his entire career and he's a strong safety playing in a scheme that really calls for safeties who can cover the field.

You are right, I need to get a clue.
    riverside4 and ColeBeasley11 like this.
  3. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

8,245 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    This is the trade I would make. Spencer for Byrd. Rat (3 tech DT) is more important to this D scheme than a strongside DE. A physical playmaking S is also more important than the strongside DE.

If the Bills are willing (and why wouldn't they be, Mario sucks), this would drastically improve the Cowboys' D. And Byrd's cap hit would be less than Spencer's in a one for one trade.
    cowboys1981 likes this.
  4. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

4,253 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    I'd faint if we traded for Byrd. I'd stop talking bad about Jerry for a year as well.

maybe a month?
    pacboyX likes this.
  5. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,439 Messages
    1,796 Likes Received
    how can people even consider this? sure the guy is a player, but there is no money for this guy...and, if they wanted a pick(s), then we are giving away assets and THEN paying this guy through the nose

fredd no likey
  6. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

3,003 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    No. Stay away. That foot is a problem. Last thing I want to read is more people complaining about another gimpy safety.
  7. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

1,673 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    Did this already..............got Ratliff, Miles, Free, and Hamlin.........any other bright ideas
  8. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

3,312 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    I meant future ones. I take it you didn't like the renegotiations of the players you listed above?? (;
  9. Blue Eyed Devil

Blue Eyed Devil Active Member

474 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Not at all, but this isn't some "go all in" year. No reason to throw draft picks and probobly overpay for an injured player. Let him prove he's healthy, let his stock cool down, and let there not be draft picks involved. Wait until FA.
  10. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,471 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Kyle Orton and a mid-round pick.
  11. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

653 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Wolf2k5 likes this.
  12. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,282 Messages
    3,394 Likes Received
    This is probably the only one that makes any sort of sense or would be remotely doable.

Not that it will happen, because I agree with the masses that he's simply something we cannot afford.

To say nothing of why the Bills would trade for an injured Spencer.
  13. riverside4

riverside4 Active Member

212 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Just like Spencer a contract heals all. If we could do Spencer for him i would consider it because i think Spencer has some knee issue and i dont think he goes all in unless he has a long term contract. Same for Byrd but he is younger than Spencer and we have 10+ mil tag on him and Buff has a 7mil tag on Byrd. So its not because we are broke it would be more on Buff how bad they want to get rid of him and what they thought of Spencer. Hell i would trade straight up and pay Spencers tag for Byrd in a NY min.
    pacboyX likes this.
  14. riverside4

riverside4 Active Member

212 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Don't forget Byrd is also injured and sounds like he doesn't want to be there at all living 2 hrs from Buffalo i don't blame him at all.
  15. riverside4

riverside4 Active Member

212 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Also i have a ? for anyone with info on it . Spencer cant do a new contract till end of the season but could he if he was traded.
  16. pacboyX

pacboyX Active Member

332 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Well ive been waiting for us to spend a draft pick on a playmaking safety and..im still waiting. Now I do feel like Wilcox will be a very solid safety in ~1-2 years. But still waiting on some sort of wow factor in the interception category, hopefully sunday night will produce some hope.
  17. Blue Eyed Devil

474 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    No argument here that we need a safety. But we also needed a WR and got Roy Williams. Gotta' be smart.
    pacboyX likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

21,541 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
    What's wrong with living a few hours from Buffalo?
  19. Blue Eyed Devil

474 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Nothing so long as you're living in New York City! :-D
  20. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

21,541 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
    Smartypants. ;)