1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bills LB Kiko Alonso tears ACL, will most likely miss 2014 season

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,422 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    It's official: [SIZE=+0]Bills[/SIZE] second-year linebacker [SIZE=+0]Kiko Alonso[/SIZE] suffered a torn ACL while training in Oregon earlier this week and his 2014 season is now in doubt. The team released a statement confirming as much Wednesday.

"We have updated information regarding Kiko Alonso from yesterday," general manager Doug Whaley said. "Unfortunately, he suffered a torn ACL in his left knee and will most likely miss the 2014 season. He will be scheduled for surgery in the near future and begin a rehabilitation program at the appropriate time.

"We feel badly for Kiko because he has worked very hard this offseason in preparation for the upcoming season, but we look forward to his return with his style of play that made him one of the league's outstanding rookies in 2013."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...o-tears-acl-will-most-likely-miss-2014-season
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,631 Messages
    2,016 Likes Received
    That's brutal for them
    Both their offense and defense were looking up Ina big way....but that guy was a tackling machine.
  3. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,435 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    They would've been definitely more dangerous with Watkins joining Spiller up there but not so sure about Manuel yet. I will give him credit for improving after that poor 4 game stretch around mid season but he seems highly erratic with his accuracy. Will admit I didn't focus much on their D and the tape I saw of Manuel was limited to my Sunday ticket scrolling habits.
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,959 Messages
    756 Likes Received
    That's a big loss for their defense.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,511 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Not like we all can't identify with this right?