1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bin Laden: Europe will pay for republishing Mohammed cartoons

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Jon88, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    By REHAB EL-BURI
    March 19, 2008
    Abcnews.com

A jihadist Web site Wednesday posted a message from Osama bin Laden chiding the European Union for allowing newspapers to republish cartoons insulting the prophet Muhammad.

In his five-minute audio message entitled, "The Response Is What You See, Not What You Hear," bin Laden accuses Europeans of abandoning the "etiquettes of disputes and morals of fighting

Bin Laden says he considers the reprinting of the cartoons a more serious offense than the killing of women and children. He also adds the revenge for republishing the cartoons "will be more severe."

Bin Laden concludes his message by saying if there are no checks on the Europeans' freedom to speak, then there will be no checks on his freedom to act.

The last time we heard from bin Laden was in November 2007 when he urged Europeans in an audio message to withdraw from Afghanistan.
  2. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The dead can talk??
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  4. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I have a feeling he'll be killed before Bush leaves office.
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'll take, 'he's already dead' for a thousand Alex. :)

The best thing for his movement would be to show his constant defiance and ability to remain out of U.S. hands, with constant appearances.
  6. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It hasn't been that long since his video. I think it's become too risky to do another one, so he just makes tapes and somebody puts them on the web.

I think we do know where he is, we're just killing all the important people who think its safe to be even remotely around him. Once we kill him they all scatter like roaches.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Thats what I have been saying for years.
  8. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    "The tape appeared to have been recorded since December because bin laden refers to revelations made that month by the British press that former Prime Minister Tony Blair pushed to halt a fraud investigation against aerospace company BAE Systems PLC in part because he feared it would jeopardize an arms deal with Saudi Arabia."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23714855/
  9. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now that is funny.
  10. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    It's not all that hard to take existing tapes and create new ones, unless you're talking about video, which ironically enough, his look like they're VHS tapes from the 80's, while his second in command manages a production value that looks like it is done on an Apple, using Final Cut Pro.

I'll still assert that he's good and dead.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    The Europeans have been so accomodating to the crazies. And this is how they are rewarded.

This from someone who sanctions the murder of children, so saying anything about anyone elses morals or behavior is beyond hypocritical.
  12. zrinkill

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Yea ....... just like that Saddam video tape with him in glasses that looked a lot older, yet everyone said that it was him. (people said thats what Saddam really looks like without his makeup on :rolleyes:)

Yet when we captured the real Saddam he looked like Saddam.
  13. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well I would think that with all the sophisticated voice recognition/identification or whatever that the U.S. has that they would be able to tell not only if it was actually Bin-Laden but if it had been dubbed or whatever since he did use a reference that was only a few months old.

I still assert that until he's proven dead...he's still alive.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I agree I think he is alive but I also think it is a matter of time before he makes a mistake and is killed or captured.
  15. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I think the best thing he could do is show his superiority by having a visual presence to, 1. give his followers the inspiration they need and 2. show that the U.S. can't get him.

Not to mention his health problems and the life he's led.
    We'll see, eventually.
  16. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't know what videotape that you're talking about but did the U.S. say that it was Saddam in that videotape?
  17. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well I hope we capture him...but that's highly doubtful.

If we kill him I hope that we can at least get visual proof...so we won't have a Hitler scenario on our hands as in all these years later some people still think that Hitler got away.
  18. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I sure would like a Video from him that could be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is him.

But he probably likes it that way(having people unsure)...to play with peoples minds.
  19. zrinkill

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Yes they did.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I agree that I don't think he will be capture. However I do think his time is coming. It only takes 1 mistake, 1 predator drone to spot him and 1 missile to take him out. In the meantime he is very limited in what he can do