1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Hole Eats Star: Researchers Detail Astounding Cosmic Occurrence

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy, Aug 26, 2011.

1. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    This is crazy. Yet so fascinating.

======
    Prepare to have your mind blown.

Back in March, when NASA's Swift spacecraft first detected what scientists believed to be a black hole eating a star 3.8 billion light years from earth, many didn't quite know what it would mean. But now it seems the cosmic event not only sent a beam of X-rays shooting towards earth, but it also rejuvenated the black hole.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...?icid=maing-grid7|maing11|dl4|sec1_lnk3|89642

2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

36,524 Messages
    4,268 Likes Received
    Space. The shiznit! :laugh2:

How in hell did that term come about? I know it's about 7-10 years old, but *** was that all about? :laugh2:

3. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Space, the final frontier. But dude, matter got sucked into the black hole and is now being shot out of it at 80-90% the speed of light. That's insane. And we are watching this.

Looking back, I think it was Snoop Dog and everything was Snoop Dizzle D and ever thing.

4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

36,524 Messages
    4,268 Likes Received
    Usually it's 99.999% the speed of light. :laugh2:

If it were I, it would be shooting out at 101% the speed of light even though physics says that isn't possible. ;)