1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Blame Tony Romo Thread****

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,430 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    What % do you give for Jerry signing Romo to long- term deal?
  2. stiletto

stiletto Member

777 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I've defended Romo to sorts on another forum where everyone hates them but I finally admitted tonight that they were right. They had him labeled properly. Usually it was about dropped passes and untimely penalties but not this time. This game with the bright lights was 99% on Romo. I think it is time to draft a guy. With the success of all the rookies starting in this league now, why not draft a guy? See what he can do. We know what we have with Romo at this point. No big contract extension for sure and bring in another guy. Let Romo walk...let's see what a younger guy can do with these weapons.
  3. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,195 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    If it weren't for Collinsworth and Michaels hanging all over the guy's jock, no one would have ever known he was the savior based on this game.
  4. LUVDABOYS

LUVDABOYS Member

233 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Romo choked tonight but he always accecpts blame. You are out there on this one. He'll take the heat
  5. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,938 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    My sentiments exactly.

Romo is such a great role-model for kids. He's a good kid. You hate to see this happen to him.

He doesn't embarrass the NFL off the field. He isn't a rapist, drunk, drug addict, woman-beater....yet, he's the most villified QB in the NFL.

He played poorly tonight. His career is at a cross-roads. Will he regress? Will he tank now? Or...can he somehow rebound from this.

We still have a great nucleus. Dez, Witten, Murray, and Harris is emerging. We need a powerful OL.
  6. Boysathelm

Boysathelm Benched

89 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I've noticed this too.
  7. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,322 Messages
    1,637 Likes Received
    Pretty much
  8. barney

barney Active Member

243 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I'm probably wrong but we'll let him go he will go somewhere else an be great
  9. Blue Eyed Devil

Blue Eyed Devil Active Member

474 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    There is no way you can't say Tony isn't the primary reason we lost this game. You can say he won't do it next time, you can say this is the only time he'll be this bad, but tonight he lost this game.
  10. Fmart322

Fmart322 Active Member

934 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    For as much as I love Romo, he just folds when it matters. The 1st two picks killed momentum. Last pick broke their backs.
    I wish Romo the best but losing 6 of 7 elimination games is a telling stat. I think the pressure in Dallas is to much for him. I don't know what I would do if I were Garrett/Jones. Do you sign him to another long term contract or do you move him? I feel bad for Romo but him winning in the regular season it gives Jones And company a false sense of the teams overall ability.

It kills me to say this.
  11. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,744 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    I am really tired of this really,Romo is always so nervous in big games.I have idea why this is but i feel we should explore drafting a QB in the early rds.
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    You people that want to hitch your wagon to Romo for multiple years are nuts. How many 8-8 years does it take. How many disapearances when the lights are bright?
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,439 Messages
    1,628 Likes Received
    Me either.. He just has a coach that can coach
  14. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,981 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    You can pull out any study you want. A part of what you are seeing is that some of these players are still putting out their "sample" when they are late in their career and physically digressing. You can make stats say anything you want.

I'm going by what I've seen with my own eyes. Put Michael Jordan in a big situation and he got better. Aikman played better (in his prime) in the post season than the regular season.

You're a stat guy, you need to be WATCHING the game.
  15. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,127 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Tonight cemented Romo's legacy around the league, throughout the national media and entire NFL fanbase. I think Romo is a very talented player but these are the games people remember.
  16. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,938 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    This is the worst draft for QBs in recent memory. Worst year possible for teams needing a QB.
  17. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,042 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    Study this, WE CAN'T WIN IMPORTANT GAMES WITH ROMO, AND THAT'S BEEN PROVEN. Now study that.
  18. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

721 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    this is my thought too.

romo covered up many flaws, but tonight he just had a bad game and it unfortunately comes at the worst times.

they need an oline and better trainers so injuries dont kill this team. our defense was so thin tonight then its incredible it wasnt a blowout.
  19. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Romo is a not so good Pocket Passer.
    They contained him, and the passing game was pretty much non existent
  20. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,407 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    A win or go home game and once again Romo shows his true colors.

Choke artist.