1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Blame Tony Romo Thread****

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Dec 30, 2012.

1. noletime95

noletime95 Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    This thread isn't about RGIII, who was nothing more than a bus driver tonight.

Romo was asked to win the game tonight. The D did enough, despite Morris going off. He didn't get it done. This one hurts....and I'm not sold on what the Cowboys do anymore. Not sold on building around Romo. Not sold on Romo freiendly.

Not sold on Romo this minute, actually.
  2. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,201 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    You never let a franchise quarterback go without his replacement ready. Even if you don't love Romo, you have to admit that it would be beyond moronic to not bring him back next year.
  3. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I've truly thought this whole year that Romo doesn't have the arm anymore. He's thrown some terrible passes this year, especially deep. I always knew he didn't have the mind when it got to crunch time.
  4. 1Star5Rings

1Star5Rings Member

47 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Romo definitely played a big part in us losing this game,but what do you guys expect this team to do?As long as Garrett is our head coach and Jerry as our GM we are going NOWHERE!OK you will get the qb change you so highly anticipated but we will never go anywhere unless he is the best in the NFL...Even if we get a Guy more talented than Romo I just can't see this organization being successful.If we get a Rodgers type player with that kind of talent sure,we might win a couple playoff wins but nothing is going to change,I hate to say it but this whole organization will be chokers until we get a management and coaching change.Or at least that's what I believe,I don't want to but man..
  5. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,296 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    If he does, he's an idiot. I still like romo. But it's time to think about at least grooming a qb. At least.
  6. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,015 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    And to think, we're getting ready to sign that loser to a huge contract extension. Get ready for another 4 or 5 years of futility.
  7. noletime95

noletime95 Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    So you extend him?
  8. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    He won't even take us to the playoffs. He can't win the games to get us there.
  9. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,910 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Pretty much. They had a much better gameplan tonight.
  10. BanditHiro

BanditHiro Well-Known Member

2,288 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    and they run a system to maximize his strengths. like they said they never ran that offense before in their careers yet put aside their egos and deviated from their system to fit the players.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,783 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    i'll agree with this take but it's annoying as hell seeing people come in here and defend him after that performance.
  12. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,116 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    One wasn't on him, the second one wasn't more than a punt, so the third was his fault and he takes all the blame. Whatever. All the game winning drives he's had don't matter, but when his team is decimated on both sides of the ball he makes the critical mistake that causes this team to lose. Where was this team going if it made the playoffs? Nowhere.

Give me a break.
  13. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    taking a quick look at the stats for today's game, Tony Romo is now tied for the NFL lead in Interceptions thrown with 19.
  14. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    It wasn't always a blitz, also we did make adjustments but the players couldn't get open and Romo tried to make a play. It happens. Every QB throws INTs. What did you want him to do on that last INT. Take the sack and back us up further and then go no where. He threw the ball in the flats for Murrey to make a play. Bad decision, yes but only thing he could do at that time.

I don't ever blame a QB for trying to win games and make plays.
    The OL job is to pick up the blitz as well. Not all on the QB.
    But the QB always gets the blame so have had it. Romo will be the QB next year and I will continue to support him and all you haters can keep jumping the bandwagon.
  15. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    uMM, I don't care. It just doesn't work. We've been through this for years, this just didn't start this year. Please
  16. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

128 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I can't WAIT to hear the reason you can't REALLY blame Romo...I'm sorry, the guy plays good to great sometimes, but HE. JUST. CAN'T. WIN. IN. BIG. GAMES. ......It's just the truth.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,499 Messages
    6,233 Likes Received
    I think this is the first time I've ever encountered the notion of a player being a cancer to a forum. Interesting take.
  18. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Every game has been an important game for this team since early November.

The Cinn game, the Stealers game, Philly games, etc., etc.

This team had no cushion to fall back on.
  19. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    If you want to play that game give us a healthy defense and Dez with two hands.
  20. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    hahahaaaaa, so who do you replace him with, Orton or a QB at 18 in this terrible draft class. Sorry but this isn't the year to replace Romo.
    he is still far and away better than any available QB out there.