1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Bleacher Report: Teams who've upgraded to SB contenders.

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by fatboygixxer, Apr 29, 2012.

1. fatboygixxer

fatboygixxer Active Member

243 Messages
    71 Likes Received
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,424 Messages
    1,298 Likes Received
    It is hard to not like what the Egirls did. Too bad Vick will take a shot and miss 4-8 games like usual.
  3. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,365 Messages
    924 Likes Received
    I really do hate the Eagles. They just seem to keep accumulating quality players over the last few years while we whiff on an entire draft and take on projects. For example, while we were being told it takes years to develop a quality receiver, they go get DeSean Jackson, who has an instant impact. Then the Giants get Mario Manningham with the same results. Meanwhile, we still wait year after year for Ogletree to do something.
  4. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think one of the positives with Danny Coale is that he is an excellent route runner and is bright enough to play in the slot and outside.

For Romo to gain the trust of his receivers, the key is that they know where to line up, run the proper route, and catch the ball.

I think one of the issues with some of our WRs, like Ogletree, was they had problems understanding where to even line up (see Redskins home game last season).
  5. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,365 Messages
    924 Likes Received
    Yep, I watched his highlights and Danny Coale is a pass catching machine. I literally can't wait to see him and Romo hook up. He may not be Wes Welker, but Wes Welker lite will be just super. The opposing defenses are going to have to keep an eye on this guy, which will help get the ball to Witten, Dez, and Miles that much easier. He catches the ball as effortlessly as anyone I can remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-FhXQDefOE
  6. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,804 Messages
    798 Likes Received
    This sounds someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. What quality do the Eagles keep accumulating because I'm looking at their drafts the last few years and I'm not seeing much quality outside of the 3 skill position players: Maclin, Jackson, and McCoy.
  7. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,183 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Exaggerate much?
  8. TX_Yid

TX_Yid Well-Known Member

1,286 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    We did end up with a decent WR out of nowhere too.. Robinson snagged 11TDs.

Granted we didn't develop him but still, with Austin and Robinson we weren't exactly hurting in the receiver column.
  9. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Member

834 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    That's news to everyone in Philly. They hit on 3 players in the last 4 drafts.
  10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,655 Messages
    907 Likes Received
    Well if it makes you feel any better I think the Cowboys have two receivers better than Desean in Miles and Dez. I mean seriously are you really upset about we don't have Mario Manningham lol?
  11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,655 Messages
    907 Likes Received
    Exactly. They're in need of a linebacker and traded us our 2nd round pick to get Sean Lee. We've had just as much success as they have had if not more. The majority of our talent was homegrown. Babin, Vick, Jenkins, DRC and Asomugha? Hardly.
  12. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,319 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    This list lost all credibility when they listed the Buffalo Bills as SB contenders.
  13. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...it's the BLEACHER REPORT, they didn't have credibility to begin with:laugh2:
  14. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,804 Messages
    798 Likes Received
    Annoy much?
  15. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,343 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I was talking to an Eagles fan the other day and he was trying to tell me that all Jerry does is try to buy players. I couldnt help but start laughing, mentioning the names you listed above plus Peters and Ryans. More than 1/2 of their top players came from FA and trades.

As to the article, the Giants proved last season that 1/2 the teams in the NFL are capable of winning a Super Bowl any given season. They were pretty mediocre heading into the playoffs.
  16. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every time I read something from the Bleacher Report, I feel dumber for having done so.

That place needs to be blocked from this site.
  17. Keystone_Heavy

Keystone_Heavy Member

275 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    this.
  18. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,885 Messages
    1,639 Likes Received
    I thought we hated the bleacherreport?
  19. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......I NEVER subscribed to the theory of "just make the playoffs and anything can happen" because for so many years it simply wasn't true. BUT, when GBay snuck in a couple years ago and got hot: bang....they won it. Then of course the gspots did the same infuriating thing last season. Just get in and with the parity in this league: anything really CAN happen
  20. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,183 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Actually no. But I have no problem pointing out a post that is way over the top.