News: Bledsoe scare according to Jerry

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Chocolate Lab, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,891 Likes Received
    Jerry was just on 103.3 giving an interview... There wasn't too much we didn't already know, but after a question about his feelings about the young backup QBs, Jerry said that they were afraid just this morning that Bledsoe had a fractured foot. It was x-rayed and MRI'd and nothing was seriously wrong, but he is limping pretty badly and had some significant swelling and discoloration.

I'm no InmanRoshi, but some other points were:

He is comfortable with having two young backup quarterbacks, and adding a vet (Vinny in particular) is not an option at this point. (Whew)

We are old enough... He doesn't want to add any older players to this team.

Yes, spending the free agent dollars and having the great draft does raise expectations. In fact, he said anything short of the playoffs would be "a failure".

He's still very happy with Bill, mentioning his passion for improvement and sense of humor as his greatest assets.
  2. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think this is the case each and every year.
  3. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sounds like at some point we will have to rely on Romo or Henson. Or both if whoever is the backup can't get it done.
  4. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We went with 2 young QB's last year.

I expect to do no different this year.
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

13,052 Messages
    4,768 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's the "get the fans in the seats" tag line that he's almost obligated to say no matter what the circumstances are :) I don't blame him .. I'd say the same thing every year too :D :D :D
  6. StateCollegeCowboy

StateCollegeCowboy aka BostonCowboy

375 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well if Bledsoe is as sore as Jerry says, then we might see only Romo and Henson this monday night.
  7. StateCollegeCowboy

StateCollegeCowboy aka BostonCowboy

375 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I haven't seen any reason why Romo and Henson can't hold down the fort for a couple of games.

Now if bledsoe was injured for a long period of time... wow, that would be interesting. Part of me would like to see that, but neither are ready for that task yet IMO.
  8. Star-Fan

Star-Fan Old enough to remember the Ice Bowl, Young enough

277 Messages
    2 Likes Received

Can you imagine!! He gets hurt and a backup takes his job? :bang2:

Of course THAT would never happen :eek:

By the way I'm in the Bledsoe camp... :)
  9. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,030 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Thought the same thing. "Jason Garrett" and "Rick Mirer" battle it out. I can't wait!! :D
  10. Waffle

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You might want to try and rekindle that fire then. :cool:
  11. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Bledsoe sits this monday nite game things could become real interesting if either Romo or Henson just really do good. OR if both do good.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

22,667 Messages
    3,695 Likes Received
    Hope Bledoe doesn't have a stress fracture in his foot. He'd really need a bone scan to determine that I think.

If he does, they can be very painful and can sometimes take months (and longer) to subside.
  13. Hollywood Henderson

Hollywood Henderson Benched

3,329 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When did this injury take place?
    In practice today?
    Any other info?
  14. Star-Fan

Star-Fan Old enough to remember the Ice Bowl, Young enough

277 Messages
    2 Likes Received

No, I'll just let it lie, see if it stokes up again. If another fire is lit somewhere else I will check it out. ;)

It's just that I've been a Bledsoe fan since his days at Washington. I'd like to see him succeed. If for some reason (health or performance) he doesn't, then I'll wish him well, for his efforts, and move on. Because, first and formost I am a fan of the TEAM :starspin
  15. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,891 Likes Received
    He said that what was weird about it was that he didn't know how or when it happened... It was just suddenly sore today. But he said no one had stepped on his foot or anything like that, at least that he remembered.

BTW, nothing was said about him missing any time from this, and I kind of doubt he will. Just thought it was an interesting thing that Jerry dropped in there.

It wouldn't break my heart, though, if it meant Romo or Henson got a lot more time Monday night. :)
  16. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    At least we aren't the Chicago Bears... they've been in QB hell for how many years now?

:bang2:
  17. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sarge actually if you have a good [size=-1]Podiatrist (I know one here in Houston) that can use sonogram technology now to fine stuff without an MRI. There are not many that are trained in this but hey they do exist. It is cool that they can diagnosis in his office right there and not have to wait for the mri results.

Yes he can see bone cracks that way and tears in the achiles and peroneus tendon etc etc
    [/size]
  18. Hollywood Henderson

Hollywood Henderson Benched

3,329 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the fill in Chocolate lab!
  19. Waffle

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sounds like he's been hanging out with Brian Griese.
  20. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,440 Messages
    3,795 Likes Received
    I wouldn't play him Monday Night as a precaution. I was really hoping to see him improve on Saturday's performance.