1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Blitzing Washington rookie QB Robert Griffin III has been failed strategy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 19, 2012.

1. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    It's a good thing Dallas has a very inconsistant pass rush... the weakness may be a blessing.
  2. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    The only positive we have going into this game is that Romo has not thrown any Int's the past 3 games
  3. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,698 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    :bang2: No.
  4. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,987 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Well then 3 things make sense to me.

1. Use the blitzes that got to him 5 times.

2. Use the blitzes that created pressures and hits that especially created incompletions or yards for loss.

3. Don't utilize the blitzes that he's recognized well, burned and moved the ball. Come up with things that he has not seen yet and would apply to throwing their offensive strategy off.

I'm not saying it's easier than crying before we play the game but it's definitely a more assertive approach than making this article more so reality.

Screw this Kid, lets get super physical. We just made Michael Vick look bottom tier. Bust this kids fresh legs and ribs.
  5. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

He is a lot better than Vick:bang2:
  6. AKATheRake

3,987 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Could have sworn it's a team game too.

The kid breathes air and bleeds just like the rest.

Bet those ribs and that head on his shoulders recognize blugeoning just like the other humans too.

I say we start there. I think Bruce Carter is the perfect Spy LB for this guy.

We need to get very physical with their WR's and sniff those quick outs properly. Bust their freaken wheels.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

I wasn't going to watch the game at first because of how scary RG3 is but I decided what the hell no point in running away from it. So if RG3 gives me heartburn on Turkey Day then I have to deal with it
  8. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Exactly.
    Also, I can't wait to see how Bruce Carter does this Thursday. Should be a close, exciting game. :starspin
  9. AKATheRake

3,987 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Just as good when they both first came out. Wasnt a passing league and certainly didn't protect the QB like now then so get off the stats.

Biggest difference is Vick is older and has gotten his head and ribs cracked from playing over the years.

RG3's are still fresh. No use keeping it that way play by play.

3-4's eat up a young QB's spread offense.

Keep bouncing your head off the wall over this kid. He's got 4 days to prepare and 1 he's flying down.

Welcome his _***_ back to Texas properly. With a good ole head cracking.

This ain't Baylor and this is no slow defense. The skins are 4-6 and we need to get to 6-5.

Punch his shifty crap in the face.
  10. AKATheRake

3,987 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    I think we have been preparing for Washington while we had been preparing for Clevelands known to be 1 dimensional offense and battered defensive secondary. We did look a little past them. Don't care what these guys said post conference.

I pound on our teams deficiencies with the best of them.

But by no means should we fear 1 player on Thanksgiving day in our house.

Ware, Hatcher, Ratliff and Carter are gonna force him to his right. Check where all of his big plays are. His left.........

Move Sensy closer up to his right and Peprah center field deep.

Absolutely bump coverage their WR's. MLB blitz this kid.
  11. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

I hope you are right.
  12. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,918 Messages
    1,592 Likes Received
    Ryan needs to go watch what Pittsburgh did against the Deadskins.
  13. AKATheRake

3,987 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    :hammer:

:skins:

3-4 defense that was hella physical with the rookie. Steelers showed him all kinds of looks.

Rob knows what he's doing and his troops have bought into what he and his side of the ball's coaches are preparing towards weekly.

The defense looked like it could have played another quarter easily against and that was a physical RB and o-line they faced.

We're in shape for this quick week. Used to it too. I don't think they are.

We should score on them.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    What scares me the most is he reminds me of a 2000 mcnabb.

I think we all remember those days
  15. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

707 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    From what I've seen, play inside leverage on the outside to take away the 3 step read-option slants that seem to be a staple of R2D2's game. Make him beat you outside the numbers. Him him, hit him and hit him some more. 1 or 2 15 yd penalties early in the game wouldn't bother me a bit. Should be a close game either way.
  16. AKATheRake

3,987 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    I have seen a ferociousness in Demarcus Ware when hitting the QB the last 2 weeks that was the only thing I ever questioned about the guy.

There is no doubt that he has taken it personally to be the catalyst on this defense and bring an added physicality that we have not formerly displayed the past 4 years.

That man has eye of the tiger right now and he won't have this kid out play his unit.

I like the way this defense is starting to hit people. RG3 isn't going to like it.

RG3 doesn't scare me. Allowing him to be comfortable, giving him his quick out passes and easy lanes to run, while letting him out the pocket when those quick outs aren't available does.

Don't discount Alfred Morris because I'm certain Shanny's gonna try to use him to balance things. Do not let Garcon get hot. This is Carr's type of WR and I'm certain Moss is Claiborne's as well.
  17. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,129 Messages
    1,149 Likes Received
    You would think RGIII also walks on water and turns wine into bread the way people are talking about him. Cowboys stand no chance. I mean, never mind that the Deadskins terrible defense has to take the field.
  18. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

If you remember that era well, you should know it was Jim Johnson's defense that beat us time after time. McNabb got his, but he seldom did the damage those defenses did.

With that said the best defense against this kid if he's even half the QB you've built up to be in your little head, is a good offense.

Do you really favor that kid against our defense more so than Romo against their bottom tier defense?
  19. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

Maybe so but I just remember Mcnabb playing a role in the eagles beating us from 2000 to 2002, six straight wins. It didn't change until Parcells was hired in 2003 when we beat them for the first in 5 years
  20. RoyWilliams

RoyWilliams Member

83 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Play in the rain and have your receivers drop a dozen passes.

Meh, I think rg3 is good. So what? The Redskins are just a bad team overall. He's one player they have no receiving weapons, a porous secondary, no pass rush, and their right tackle is garbage. At some point in the year the offense has to wake up and score some points no reason that shouldn't happen against one of the worst secondaries in the league.