1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Blitzing Washington rookie QB Robert Griffin III has been failed strategy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 19, 2012.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,167 Messages
    1,795 Likes Received
    welcome to "the process" :)
  2. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,009 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Well, it's near certainty that you will get the ball first. Shanahan has decided that deferring is the better strategy, so the Skins have yet to receive the ball first (unless you win the toss and then you defer, but I don't think that has happened yet this year).
  3. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I wasn't too happy when he deferred against the eagles because I didn't want the rookie to get early confidence. I wanted him to take the field already down 7-0 but it ended up working out
  4. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,009 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    The deferring option certainly hasn't hurt. We had a pick six in the St Louis game opening drive as well. Man Thursday is a long way a way.
  5. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,308 Messages
    105 Likes Received

Jason Garrett has deferred also this year.
  6. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    We'll have our hands full with RG3 Thursday no doubt.
  7. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    He sucks.
  8. Boys122

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Ha ha, yea right.
  9. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

Stop talking silly
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,580 Likes Received
    I think an interesting match up could be RGIII vs Bruce Carter.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,157 Messages
    1,335 Likes Received
    It's a matchup that scares me a little because we don't get a lot of pressure and RG3 buys time.

I expect this game to be a shootout though with lots of big plays from both teams.
  12. cowboys2233

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Bring it, Robert Griffin. Bring it. The Cowboys are about to get healthy at your expense.
  13. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,198 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    The only way the Cowboys win is if the offense shows up and puts at least 24 on the board while also controlling the ball. That's a tall order for a team with such a pathetic OL but apparently the Skins have a crappy secondary, so maybe that's something the Cowboys can exploit...
  14. cowboys2233

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    I just don't understand. We're a couple of months away from winning the Super Bowl and you're worried about this joke of a team?
  15. Boys122

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Too bad Lee and Carter weren't both playin'.
  16. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,080 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Its seems amazing to me that RGIII is some sort of QB Wonder kid that we can only hope for some type of mircle to beat but yet, he has lost 6 games this year... I wonder how 6 teams beat him. And such power house teams like the Panthers and the Rams too.. I am sure the NFL is looking into it cause according this board, this Kid is unbeatable, so those 6 teams must have cheated and paid off the refs or something.
  17. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,009 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    RGIII has been the real deal, the problem is a 26th ranked D, and high penalties. Take the Rams game, Griffin led a drive into tying FG range, with time on the clock, only to get a 15yder by a WR. Or the NYG game, where Griffin and crew scored the winning TD with 1:35 left only to have the D give up an 80 yd TD 10 seconds later.

You all can win, likely will win, because our D has been a sieve, and Witten against Fletcher, with no good safeties, is an easy all day matchup - and I hate that because Fletcher is one of my favorite Skins right now.

But if we can force Romo into some errors, or if Dez takes the game off, then we have a good chance of stealing a Turkey Day special.
  18. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,080 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I have no doubt that the kids is good. I think he is. You don't go what 15/16 and I think the one was a drop by sucking. But the way this board is carrying his jock is sickening to me as a Cowboys fan. He is good. But he is not the end all of QB's. And for some to say, we can't win because fo RGIII is beyond stupid.. 6 teams have been able to do it, that is all I was trying to get across, not a slap at RGIII.
  19. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,408 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    RG3's incompletions/sacks vs PIT

[youtube]bIbopSY5Hqs[/youtube]
  20. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!

We are not the steelers