1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Blitzing Washington rookie QB Robert Griffin III has been failed strategy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 19, 2012.

1. streetcredit

streetcredit Member

182 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    RG3 and their head coach will be whining again after Thursday.
    RG3 throws great 2 yard passes
  2. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,785 Messages
    785 Likes Received
    NEWSFLASH!!!!

We don't have be.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Great work.

That's actually a little discouraging, though. I'd heard about that game and just thought he was way off. But only a few of those were bad throws... The vast majority were just horrible drops. The very first one was the easiest TD ever that hit the guy right in the hands.
  4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    We can find a way. It's called a running game. Keep RG3 on the sidelines.
  5. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,461 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    Well seeing as how the Cowboys have one of the worst ranked rushing offenses and the Redskins have a top ranked rushing defense this may be a problem,,, the Skins high rushing D ranking is partially due to their horrible secondary and teams opting to pass but the matchup still looks bad for the Cowboys run game.
  6. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,443 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Another way to is hit the guy (legally), again and again. He won't be so frisky after he's been pounded into the turf a few times.
  7. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Romo is 5-0 on Thanksgiving so heres to history hoping your wrong
  8. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

997 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I counted 12 plays where the receivers were at fault due to poor routes or dropped passes, some for touchdowns...also one play was an obvious PI in the endzone that wasn't called. Considering how bad that WR was that day, the PI was unnecessary since he'd likely would've dropped it anyway.

If anything, I think that game and the Panthers game showed RG3 with the least amount of composure, he may a couple of bad throws against both teams as the game went on his teammates persisted in letting him down.

I think Dallas has a better chance by scoring on their first couple of drives, and watching Kyle Shanahan's play calling go into the gutter. This offense is it's most ineffective when they abandon the run game, call only passing plays with a 5 step drop(exposing our truly poor pass protection) and RG3 is forced to rely on below average receivers to get open. That scenario has resulted in our offenses's two worst games this year.
  9. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,999 Messages
    2,225 Likes Received
    Here's an interesting fact. It should be filed under Facts I Never Would Have Guessed in a Million Years.

Brandon Weedon has more passing yards than RG3, and only one fewer passing touchdown. The stats where Weedon suffers relative to RG3 are completion percentage and interceptions.
  10. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I have been amazed at watching RGIII evade some of these rushers, especially if he gets outside the pocket. This was a 4th down against the giants.

[IMG]
  11. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    we seem to have got better at defending screen passes recently thank to Carter.